Marfa Public Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- CCC Service Camp
- Photograph description by Calistro Nunez Sr. in an interview on January 18, 1975 by Calistro Nunez, Jr., "This picture was taken in 1933, during the depression, when President Roosevelt held office. It shows a CCC Service Camp, which was formed so that the people could work. Their jobs were at making roads on the Chisos Mountain, where Big Bend is now located. The government paid the federal workers according to their duties and responsibilities under several different pay plans. They lived in these camps and were allowed to leave every fifteen days to go to the nearest town."
- Frank Martinez, Jr. and Carmen Martinez
- Photograph of Frank Martinez, Jr. with his second wife, Carmen Martinez on their wedding day, April 13,1933 in Terlingua, Texas. This photo was included in a research paper by Herlinda Espinoza for an American History Class at Marfa High School in 1966.
- Men at CCC Camp in Fort Davis
- Photo of men at the CCC Service Camp at Fort Davis in 1933 during their time off from work. Marfa resident, Juan Jeso is circled in this photo.