Port Arthur Public Library - 2 Matching Results

Search Results

[Demolition of Mary Gates Hospital and Municipal Building]

Description: Photograph of the demolition of Mary Gates Hospital and Municipal Building. The building is partially intact with debris surrounding it. In the background, there is a crane. The building was constructed in 1909 by John W. Gates as a memorial for his mother, Mary Gates. It was used as a Municipal Building after 1930, when a new hospital was built on Ninth Avenue by the Sisters of the Incarnate Word.
Date: August 1, 1970