Description: Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for 1924 Masonic Temple in Sherman, Texas. Text: Travis Lodge No. 117, A.F. & A.M., was chartered in 1852. This site was acquired in 1916, although this classical revival temple was not built until 1924. Designed by local architects John Tulloch and the firm of Clyce & Rolfe, the building features giant order columns and portico, fifteen over fifteen windows, and a segmental arch entry pediment. It remained the headquarters for the masonic lodge until 1985.
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie
Item Type: Photograph