Private Collection of Carolyn West - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Photograph of Coffman Cemetery]

Description: Photograph of the front of Coffman Cemetery in Denison, Texas. Over the short, chain link fence that leads into the cemetery is a sign that reads: Coffman-Layne Cemetery. There are variety of grave markers, including an angel statue and headstones, and trees are scattered around the cemetery.
Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie

[Photograph of Cold Springs Log Cabin School]

Description: Photograph of the front of Cold Springs Log Cabin School in Denison, Texas. The cabin is small with a metal, slanted roof. On the bottom of the wall by the door are a snowman and Santa decorations. There is a short wooden fence in front of the house and a post by it that has a red hat attached to the top.
Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie

[Photograph of Dannel Funeral Home]

Description: Photograph of Dannel Funeral Home in Sherman, Texas. The two-story building has a balcony and a covered pathway leading up to the entrance of the building. On either side of the stairs leading to the entrance, there are small statues of lions.
Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie

[Photograph of Diamond Horse Ranch #1]

Description: Photograph of Diamond Horse Ranch. This photograph is of a marker for the Diamond Station Butterfield Overland Mail Stage Stop at the Diamond Horse Ranch. It reads "The Diamond Station was a stop along the nearly 700 mile stretch across the Lone Star State for the Butterfield Overland Mail Stage Line Company. The Butterfield Overland Mail Company held the U.S. Mail contract for the first cross-country trek from St. Louis to San Francisco. marked as the first intercontinental mail route, the Butterfield Overland Mail Stagecoach made its first stop at the Diamond Station on September 21, 1858. The complete route took 24 days and covered 2, 812 miles, carrying mail and passengers. At this location Waterman Ormsby witnessed "the operations of harnessing a wild mule." He estimated it took thirty minutes per mule (four were used). The Diamond Station was kept by John R. diamond from 1858-1861.
Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie

[Photograph of Elliot Cemetery]

Description: Photograph of Elliot Cemetery. The Texas Historical Marker is visible in the picture. There are two gravestones visible - one of them is for the Elliot family and the other is partially blocked by the historical marker.
Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie

[Photograph of Everheart-Canaan Cemetery]

Description: Photograph of Everheart-Canaan Cemetery. There is a wire fence surrounding the cemetery and a flag pole with an American flag in the foreground. There are several trees and headstones visible in the photograph, and the Texas Historical Marker for the cemetery is also visible.
Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie

[Photograph of Fink]

Description: Photograph of the welcome sign to Fink, Texas. Behind the welcome sign is another sign with an advertisement for boats. On the right side of the photograph is a two story motel with several pairs of doors lining the wall.
Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie

[Photograph of First Christian Church]

Description: Photograph of First Christian Church in Van Alstyne. The church is a two-story brick building with several windows. There are stairs leading up to the entrance, and there are two white columns in front of the entrance. There is a marquee neat the entrance with two wreaths on it. Information for Christmas services is visible on the marquee.
Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie