Private Collection of the Ellis and Blanton Families - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Lou Beall-Sawyer Blanton, Byrd Ellis and Other Women
- Photograph of six women and one small girl standing in front and on the stoop of a large building with a porch and hanging plants. Three of the women and the girl are wearing Victorian dresses and the other three women are wearing long-sleeved blouses and long skirts. One woman is wearing a bow tie and another is wearing a hat. Written on the photograph is "Mother" above the woman second from the left and "Aunt Byrd" second from the right.
- Matthew Stuart Blanton, Fannie Ellis Dubose and an Unidentified Woman
- Photograph of Matthew Stuart Blanton with an unidentified woman and Fannie Ellis Dubose in a dark dress standing on a porch looking down on the couple. Mr. Blanton is wearing a dark jacket, collared shirt and bowler hat. The unidentified woman is wearing a white blouse, necktie and long skirt and is smiling. In the background is a sidewalk, trees and houses. Written beside Ms. Dubose is "Auntie" and underneath Mr. Blanton is, "Papa".
- Lou Beall Sawyer Blanton
- Photograph of Lou Beall Sawyer Blanton in a playful photograph with five other women and a young girl. The women are in a row from tallest to shortest with their hands around each other's waists except for Ms. Blanton who is holding the hand of the woman in front of her who's other hand is on her forehead. Three of the women and the young girl are wearing Victorian dresses and the other three are wearing long-sleeved blouses and long skirts. The woman fifth from the front is wearing a bow tie and the woman in the front is wearing a sash around her neck. In the background is a tree and a large house. Written below the photograph, underneath the second woman from the right in the black dress is an arrow and the name, "Lou Beall".