This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Private Collection of Howard and Brenda McClurkin - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Bill of sale for slaves, William Murrell to the Estate of Samuel Blair, April 2, 1845]
- Receipt of payment for slaves from William Murrell to the estate of Samuel Blair.
- [Bill of sale for the slave "Joe" to William Murrell by D.S. Wade, May 15, 1854]
- Bill of sale for the slave "Joe" to William Murrell by D.S. Wade, May 15, 1854 for $835.
- [Bill of sale for the slave "Joe" to William Murrell by D.S. Wade, May 1854]
- Bill of sale for the slave "Joe" to William Murrell from D.S. Ward.
- [Bill of sale for three slaves to William Murrell, September 20, 1849]
- Bill of sale for the slaves Anderson, Henry, and Maloina to William Murrell by Samuell Murrell, September 20, 1849 for $1500.
- [Letter regarding a loan for William Murrell, January 12, 1861]
- Letter to a "cousin" from J. Thompson and Giles Thompson, introducing William Murrell and discussing acceptable terms for a loan to Murrell with slaves as collateral.
- [Letter to Mr. Young from Thomas Ward, November 28, 1859]
- Letter to Mr. Young from Thomas Ward, regarding acceptable terms of sale for land in Cooke County Texas. Discusses abolition and the potential dissolution of the Union.
- [Letter to William Murrell regarding taxes, October 3, 1862]
- Letter from tax assessor E.B. Hicks to William Murrell. Taxes of $32.72 assessed on 27 slaves and 17 horses.
- [Lien for purchase of land by L.H. Stuckey to George Burkhart, March 15, 1881]
- Note with Vendor's Lien for purchase of 140 10/11 acres from George Burkhart by L.H. Stuckey, for land located in the Charles D. Ball survey in Montague County.