Private Collection of Jim Bell - 5,854 Matching Results

Search Results

Paris Texas R.F. Scott Building

Description: Photograph of the 1916-1917 R.F. Scott building as built after the 1916 fire. The architect was J.L. Wees, who had built Mr. Scotts home in 1910. Mr. Wees was called from St. Louis to help rebuild Mr. Scotts' buildings after the fire. Mr. Scott owned this block. The building is in a Neo Gothic style appropriate for a business building.
Date: November 13, 2008
Creator: Bell, Jim

Storefront in Downtown Paris, Texas

Description: Photograph of the 1916 W. O. Latimer building in downtown Paris, Texas. The decorative, bi-colored brick work is ornate, including small pieces of light-colored brick cut and fit into patterns. The upper building has a white stone string course and cap with decorations, and there are five brick pilasters framing four windows. The lower glass front is much newer. The building to the right is the 1916 V. W. Wall building. These buildings were part of the immediate rebuilding after the 1916 fire in Paris.
Date: November 13, 2008
Creator: Bell, Jim

Storefronts in Downtown Paris, Texas

Description: Photograph of the J. N. House building and the Paris Bakery building, located across the street from the Lamar County Courthouse in downtown Paris, Texas. These two buildings date from 1916 - 1917 when they were rebuilt after the fire in March of the same year.
Date: November 13, 2008
Creator: Bell, Jim