Palestine Public Library - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Original Platmap of the City of Palestine, TX]

Description: In 1846 the Texas Legislature created Palestine to serve as seat for the newly established Anderson County. James R. Fulton, Johnston Shelton and William Bigelow were hired by the first Anderson County commissioners to survey the surrounding land and lay out a town site, consisting of a central courthouse square and the surrounding 24 blocks.
Date: 1846
Item Type: Map