Private Collection of T. B. Willis - 1,986 Matching Results

Search Results

[Photograph of Charles Evans, Sr. House]

Description: Photograph of the Charles Evans, Sr. house at 2100 Colcord Avenue in Waco. It was formerly the home of the Charles and Nannie Sleeper Evans family during the 20th century. It is a two-story house, which has four columns in front. Trees are on both sides of the house, though the ones on the right are missing their leaves.
Date: 2013
Creator: Willis, T. Bradford

[Photograph of Silver Chalice]

Description: Photograph of a gilt-silver chalice resting on a wooden shelf. The words "Given To The Glory of God," as well as others, are inscribed at the base of the chalice. The gilt-silver chalice was created by Tiffany & Co. and is used in the weekly celebration of the Holy Communion in Cox Memorial Chapel at Highland Park United Methodist Church of Dallas. The following inscription was hand-engraved by DeMott N. Post, a master-engraver with Tiffany & Co., “Given to the Glory of God in Memory of Hester Beck Willis and John Todd Willis, Jr. by Todd Bradford Willis + Cox Memorial Chapel + Highland Park Methodist Church + Year of Our Lord 2013.” The design of the central cross on the chalice, which replicates the Altar Cross in the chapel, was suggested by the Rev. Jeff Hall. The placement of the inscription on the chalice was suggested by Willard E. Brown, III, from whom the chalice was acquired. This memorial chalice was consecrated on September 8, 2013 by the Rev. Jeff Hall, the minister to the Cox Chapel community.
Date: 2013
Creator: Willis, T. Bradford

[Photograph of Silver Chalice]

Description: Photograph of a gilt-silver chalice on an ivory cloth. A wooden door or wall is visible in the background. The gilt-silver chalice was created by Tiffany & Co. and is used in the weekly celebration of the Holy Communion in Cox Memorial Chapel at Highland Park United Methodist Church of Dallas. The following inscription was hand-engraved by DeMott N. Post, a master-engraver with Tiffany & Co., “Given to the Glory of God in Memory of Hester Beck Willis and John Todd Willis, Jr. by Todd Bradford Willis + Cox Memorial Chapel + Highland Park Methodist Church + Year of Our Lord 2013.” The design of the central cross on the chalice, which replicates the Altar Cross in the chapel, was suggested by the Rev. Jeff Hall. The placement of the inscription on the chalice was suggested by Willard E. Brown, III, from whom the chalice was acquired. This memorial chalice was consecrated on September 8, 2013 by the Rev. Jeff Hall, the minister to the Cox Chapel community.
Date: 2013
Creator: Willis, T. Bradford

[Photograph of Silver Chalice]

Description: Photograph of a gilt-silver chalice resting on a wooden surface. Fortuny fabric on a panel of the reredos in Cox Memorial Chapel is visible in the background. The gilt-silver chalice was created by Tiffany & Co. and is used in the weekly celebration of the Holy Communion in Cox Memorial Chapel at Highland Park United Methodist Church of Dallas. The following inscription was hand-engraved by DeMott N. Post, a master-engraver with Tiffany & Co., “Given to the Glory of God in Memory of Hester Beck Willis and John Todd Willis, Jr. by Todd Bradford Willis + Cox Memorial Chapel + Highland Park Methodist Church + Year of Our Lord 2013.” The design of the central cross on the chalice, which replicates the Altar Cross in the chapel, was suggested by the Rev. Jeff Hall. The placement of the inscription on the chalice was suggested by Willard E. Brown, III, from whom the chalice was acquired. This memorial chalice was consecrated on September 8, 2013 by the Rev. Jeff Hall, the minister to the Cox Chapel community.
Date: 2013
Creator: Willis, T. Bradford

[Photograph of Cornerstone of St. James Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of the cornerstone of St. James Methodist Church in Waco, Texas. The text on the marker is cut into the stone and placed within a brick wall. The cornerstone features a circular design in the center, but much of the text is worn and difficult to read. The present cornerstone was laid by the Knights of Pythias, Jurisdiction of Texas; W. S. Willis, G. C. [Grand Chancellor]; H. W. Hawkins, Contractor; Adams & Adams, Architects.
Date: 2012
Creator: Willis, T. Bradford

[Photograph of Facade of St. James Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of St. James Methodist Church, which was erected in 1924. The building is composed of red brick and has gold embellishments around the building. A set of blue steps leads to the entrance. St. James Methodist Church was organized in 1874 by Father Anderson Brack. This African-American congregation was a part of the Methodist Episcopal Church (North) when it was organized. The present church edifice at 600 S. 2nd Street is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. It was designed by Adams & Adams, architects.
Date: 2012
Creator: Willis, T. Bradford

[Photograph of Pulpit in St. James Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of the pulpit in St. James Methodist Church in Waco, Texas. Several podiums with microphones are visible along with a piano to the right. A balcony above the pulpit has gold lettering that reads, "Prayer Changes Things." St. James Methodist Church was organized in 1874 by Father Anderson Brack. This African-American congregation was a part of the Methodist Episcopal Church (North) when it was organized. The present church edifice at 600 S. 2nd Street is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. It was designed by Adams & Adams, architects.
Date: 2012
Creator: Willis, T. Bradford