Rice University: Woodson Research Center - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Marching On: The Conquest Campaign of Texas Baptists
- Text discussing the progress of the "Conquest Campaign" started to raise money to offset the debts of the missionary, educational, and benevolent work of the Baptist General Convention of Texas. It includes an overview of the financial crisis of the organization and statements regarding the work of Baptists in Texas including Baptist universities and other schools, hospitals, foreign missions, and other aspects of the campaign.
- Ceremony to be Observed at Laying of the Corner Stone, Administration Building, Baylor Female College
- Pamphlet about the laying of the cornerstone of the administration building at Baylor Female College in Belton, Texas. It includes the program of events for the day, the text of the masonic ceremony, and images of the campus.
- Minutes of the Leon River Baptist Association, 1871
- Minutes of the annual meeting of the Leon River Baptist Association in Texas include accounts of proceedings at the session, committee reports, statistics regarding Baptist churches in Texas, and other relevant notes and commentaries.
- Bible Assucrance; or a reply to Dr. B. H. Carroll's Tract on Assurance: being a candid examination and thorough refutation of his historical and scriptural arguments against Bible assurance.
- Pamphlet by Pastor E. R. Carswell refuting a similar tract written by B. H. (Benajah Harvey) Carroll about "Assurance," a religious concept about the salvation of believers. Carswell breaks down Carroll's arguments by analyzing the historic documents which Carroll references and then comparing scriptural text to Carroll's interpretation with his own commentary.
- Minutes of the Twenty-Sixth Annual Session of the Salado Baptist Association, 1899
- Minutes of the annual meeting of the Salado Baptist Association in Texas include accounts of proceedings at the session, committee reports, statistics regarding Baptist churches in Texas, and other relevant notes and commentaries.
- Christian Union; A Sermon delivered before Union Baptist Association, October 2, 1857, by Horace Clark.
- Text of a sermon given by Horace Clark about Christian Union, discussing his understanding of the need for Christian denominations to create a unified Church, based on various scriptural references.
- Nineteenth Annual Report of the Mission Board of the Baptist General Association of Texas, 1886
- Annual report of the Baptist General Association of Texas Mission Board, containing an account of work done throughout the year (missionaries employed, sermons preached, miles traveled, work that had been done, etc.) and accounting summaries. This report, presented to the Baptist General Convention of Texas was the last annual report due to lack of monetary and staff resources.
- Directory of the Texas Baptist General Convention, 1886
- Directory of attendees at the Texas Baptist General Convention including names and hometowns; also contains advertisements.