Richardson Public Library - 306 Matching Results

Search Results

1919 Girls' Basketball Team

Description: Photograph of a group of eight young women identified as the 1919 girls' basketball team. They are posing in a car on the corner of Main Street and McKinney Street in Richardson, Texas. Five of the women are sitting in the car, and three are standing on the sides of the car.
Date: 1919~

1919 Richardson High School Football Team

Description: Photograph of twelve students and one coach identified as the Richardson High School football team. Coach W. H. Galloway is standing in between four boys on the back row, and eight boys are sitting in the front row. One boy in the center is holding a football with "R. H. S." written on it. Text below the image says "1919 Richardson High School Football Team." The boys are identified on the back of the image.
Date: 1919
Creator: Smith, Morris J.

1938 Richardson High School Football Team

Description: Photograph of the 1938 Richardson High School football team. They are seated in bleachers, and posing in three rows. All but two boys are wearing football uniforms; one boy in the center-front row is holding a football. Text below the image says "1938 Football Team," and has each of their names listed.
Date: 1938

Alvin Ragsdale Home

Description: Photograph of an exterior view of the Alvin Ragsdale home, built in the 1920s; its location is now Beltline and 75 Central Expressway. The brick house is one-story tall, and has an enclosed porch with brick arches on the left. On the right, there is a chimney with decorative brick patterns on it. Plants and shrubs are growing in front of the house.
Date: 192u

Arapaho Road at North Central Expressway 1988, Richardson, Texas

Description: Elevated view of the intersection of Arapaho Road and North Central Expressway, looking north. The elevated portion of the expressway is not paved; it only has support beams. Motor vehicles are stopped at the intersection. On the SE corner of the intersection is an Exxon gas station, behind is a sign and car lot for OK Used Cars; then the Texas Industries Concrete facility. On the horizon are the railroad and Greenville Avenue intersections with Arapaho Road. On the NE corner is the Super Motor Co., then the Decorator's Drapery Workroom. On the horizon, at the left side of the photograph, is the Ramada Renaissance Hotel (now the Richardson Hotel), built in 1986.
Date: 1988

Arapaho Road at North Central Expressway, Richardson, Texas

Description: Arapaho Road, east from North Central Expressway (U.S. Highway 75), taken from roadside between north-bound Central and its access road. A vehicle carrying earth-moving equipment is east-bound on Arapaho Road. At the SE corner of the intersection is a sign: "TURN LEFT FASCINATION HOMES NORTHRICH WEST." Five or six small trees are enclosed with a low fence on the right/south side of Arapaho. Further east is a gravel/cement/construction facility. On the left/north side of Arapaho are 2 houses. On the horizon a railroad crossing sign is visible, and a vehicle on the street at the horizon. Various utility lines and poles edge streets and the railroad.
Date: 1958~

Arapaho Road at West Branch, Cottonwood Creek, Richardson, Texas

Description: Grade-level, iron trestle bridge over West Branch of Cottonwood Creek on Arapaho Road. The ends of the bridge spans have horizontal wooden boards attached. Arapaho Road appears to be hard gravel. In the background is the intersection with Martin Rd. (now West Shore Dr.), which extends right/north. The creek area is filled with trees. One utility pole is at the NW corner of the intersection. Beyond, to the horizon, appears to be a flat field.
Date: unknown

Bowser Road Alley, Richardson, Texas

Description: One lane, paved alley with curve/intersection in foreground. Left of the alley is a raised railroad. Next to left edge of the alley are utility poles and lines. Storm drain access from the alley is at the foreground. Right of the alley is a continuous wooden fence, with roofs and trees behind the fencing. Two trash/garbage pick-up areas are visible, with raised platforms and metal trash cans. Additional information. Written on back: Looking north from the alley which serves Bowser showing fencing of residential properties Nov. 25, 1968
Date: November 25, 1968

C. H. Blewett Family and Residence, Richardson, Texas

Description: Man, woman, boy and three girls standing in front of wood clad residence. The one-story residence has a full, roofed porch and is raised on blocks with no skirting. A raised, plank walk leads to the front of the home. Left to right: BLEWETT, Chapman Hart. Born 25 Dec 1856, Richardson TX; died 24 May 1920; buried Blewett Cemetery, Richardson TX. BLEWETT, Mattie C. (Martha Corilla) Skiles. Born 23 Sep 1855, Warren Co. KY; died 16 Sep 1907/1920, Richardson TX; buried Blewett Cemetery, Richardson TX. Married 8 Dec 1880, Richardson TX. BLEWETT, John William. Born 25 Apr 1882, died Mar 1968. BLEWETT, Jennie Bell. Born 31 Jan 1886, died 10 Aug 1952. BLEWETT, Mattie Laura. Born 1 Jun 1896, died 15 Jan 1955. BLEWETT, Jessie Lou "Jeb". Born 22 Dec 1887.
Date: 1898~

C. H. Blewett Home

Description: Copy photograph of one man, woman, boy, and two girls standing outside of the C. H. Blewett House. They are identified as Chapman H. Blewett (1856-), Mattie Skiles Blewett (1855-), John Blewett (1881-), Laura Blewett (1887-), and Jessie Blewett (1896-). Text above the image says "C. H. Blewett home at Richardson, Texas about 1898." Text below the image labels each person.
Date: 1898~

T. C. Hudgins Home

Description: Photograph of an exterior view of T. C. Hudgins home on the corner of Polk Street and Greenville Avenue in Richardson, Texas. The wooden house is one-story tall with a covered porch in the front. Trees grow in the surround yard. A street sign on the corner says "Polk St."
Date: unknown

Campbell Family and Residence, Richardson, Texas

Description: Two men and 1 woman standing in front of a wood clad residence. The rear, roofed, porch is facing; the front porch is just visible on the far left of the photograph. From left to right: A man is standing in front of a dark horse. A small dog is perched on the hind-quarters of the horse. A man is standing in front of a small black and white dog. The dog is sitting on a wooden box/crate. A woman is standing at the front corner of the porch, beneath a medium tree. She is holding a palm fan.
Date: 1905~

Campbell Farm Site

Description: Copy photograph of the original Campbell farm site, located around Campbell Road and Prairie Creek Drive. Two horses are standing beside a wire fence. To the right of the image, there is a building and gate. In the background, there is a pond and trees in a field. Robert Fleming Campbell came to Richardson with the Routh family in 1851. He paid $2.00 an acre for the land where he built his first cabin.
Date: unknown