Large open field. In the foreground is a grouping of seven trees, with some shrubs or saplings, all growing in grass/weeds. Only the center tree, the one closest to the foreground, is leafed. Behind is a large open space, with cultivated areas visible on the horizon. On the left of the horizon is a large building, with a taller domed portion, part of Restland Cemetery. The note on the back states that the tree was planted in 1856. The Floyd Inn served as a stop for the stage from Dallas to Denton.
Photograph of men in a marching band at the Independence Day parade, on Beltline Road in front of Richardson High School. The men are wearing Shriners' fezzes. One man is holding a pair of symbols, and the men behind him are playing trumpets.
Photograph of a young woman sitting on the back of a convertible car in a parade on Beltline Road, in front of Richardson High School. She is wearing a striped dress and a crown. A sign on the side of the cars says "Miss Richardson 1970." In the background, there is a group of people on the yard of the high school.
Photograph of Independence Day parade at the corner of Oak Street and Summit Drive in Richardson, Texas. A semi truck parade float is decorated with flags, streamers, and paper. In the foreground, there are people seated and standing near a table with boxed United States flags on it. A flag is set up at the table. To the left, there is a street sign with "Oak Street" and "Summit Drive."
Map showing the town of Richardson, Texas in Dallas County. The town boundaries are marked as well as the streets, land divisions, the tracks for the Houston & Texas Central Railroad, and a creek that fall within the town. Scale 1:2,400.
Photograph of a portrait of Raymond D. (Ray) Noah, the Mayor of Richardson, Texas, from 1968-1983. He is wearing thick-framed glasses, a suit jacket, and a striped tie. He is a City Council member in this photograph.
Photograph of a line of horses in tack at the Centennial celebration. They are standing beside Richardson Public Library. A group of people are sitting on the window sills of the building. One person in the background is standing.
Photograph of a group of women and horses participating in the Centennial celebration. Three women are riding horses, and are dressed in western wear. The group is standing outside of Richardson Public Library.
Photograph of a group of men and women, some dressed in nineteenth-century costume, participating in the Centennial celebration. In front of them, there is a set of furniture. The photograph was taken on the first floor of Richardson Public Library.
Photograph of the Girl Scout Troop 1091 parade float, at the intersection of Main Street and Greenville Avenue in Richardson, Texas. The float is attached to the back of a Chevrolet truck. Girls on the float are wearing uniforms and holding signs illustrating what year their uniform was worn. A sign on the front of the float made of streamers has the Girl Scout logo and "Troop 1091" on the front. In the background, there are people watching in front of businesses; one building on the left says "Firestone" on the front and side.
Photograph of a stagecoach wagon float in the centennial parade, at the intersection of Main Street and Greenville Avenue in Richardson, Texas. The wagon is pulled by four matching horses, and two men and two women are riding on it. A sign on the side of the wagon says "5 WBAP Country Gold;" the side of the wagon says "Butterfield Cleveland Stage." In the background, there are businesses.
Photograph of the Terrace Elementary parade float at the Centennial parade on the corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. The float consists of children wearing costumes, and sitting at school desks; a woman standing and holding a bell. A sign on the side says "Terrace Elem." In the background, there are buildings.
Photograph of a group of people wearing nineteenth-century costumes participating in the Centennial parade on the corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. They are pulling toy covered wagons with children riding in them. In the background, there is a building.
Photograph of a parade float at the Centennial celebration on the corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. The float is shaped like a train locomotive. In the background, there are people watching the parade on the left, and a green truck on the right.
Photograph of a group of people wearing costumes and waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. There are two trucks and one convertible car parked behind them. In the background, there is a grassy field.
Photograph of cars parked in a line waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. A group of women wearing costumes are gathered around the back of a white Datsun car. Behind the white car, there are women dressed in costume gathered around a red convertible. In the background, there is a woman and horse on a grass lot, and people beside a red truck.
Photograph of a parked red convertible Impala, waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. The car is decorated with pink flowers and streamers. A group of women dressed in costume are gathered around it. They are standing in front of Richardson Public Library.
Photograph of a line of two trucks and one car waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. A group of women dressed in nineteenth-century costume are gathered around the cars. In the background to the right of the image, there is a view of Richardson Public Library.
Photograph of a group of women dressed in nineteenth-century costume, waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. They are standing in front of a red convertible car decorated with pink flowers and streamers. In the background, there are other cars and people.
Photograph of a line of parked trucks waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. A group of women are gathered around the back of a copper-colored truck. To the right of the truck, there is a white truck and red convertible with a crowd around them. In the background, there is a building identified as Richardson Public Library.
White brick masonry multi-story, multi-level building. The tallest, center portion has a sign at the top, RICHARDSON MEDICAL CENTER B. B. OWEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. This center portion is flanked on both sides by the main portion of the building, which is shorter and has vertical columns of windows. In the front of the picture is the lowest portion of the building, with ground-level windows and one inset doorway. The doorway and windows are partially hidden by curving lines of low shrubs in the picture foreground. Portions of equipment, perhaps ventilation, are visible on roof areas. Additional information: Dallas Morning News, Dec. 18, 1975 "A 5-story hospital, scheduled for completion in August, 1977, will be built at 401 W. Campbell Rd. ... The building contract was given to J. A. Jones Construction Co." The hospital was dedicated Saturday, May 27, 1977. It was named in memory of Dallas businessman B. B. Owen. The hospital opened for business Tuesday, May 30, 1977. Bennie Bryan Owen was born on September 11, 1897, in Cisco, Eastland County. As a young man, he moved to Dallas County where he was principally involved with investments and investment loans. He was also involved in agriculture as he owned land in Dallas County. In the late 1960s, Owen moved to Collin County where he made his residence until his death on April 24, 1972.
Photograph of a group of people at the opening of the new, four-story Richardson Public Library on 900 Civic Center Drive in Richardson, Texas. One man is standing at a podium, one man is sitting to his left, and one woman is standing behind the seated man. They are identified as Mayor Ray Noah, James V. Kincaid (Chairman of Library Board), and Marguerite Anderson (librarian). To the far right, there are members of a band sitting. In the background, there is a view of the library.
Photograph of twenty-three women and two men posing in front of a copper-clad fireplace at Richardson Public Library. They are wearing costumes in celebration for the centennial of Richardson, Texas. Seven people are identified as Gerrie Mason (left), Bertha (Bird) O'Neal (fourth from right), Tony Rampino (back row, center), Louise Frederick (back row, center), Paul Smith (back row, center), Marita Mangan (fourth from left), and Charlie Unk (far right). In the foreground, there is a group of chairs.
Richardson Public Library looking southeast from the corner of Arapaho Road and Civic Center Drive. Red and white azaleas in foreground. Cars visible in parking lot. Civic Center [City Hall] building and water tower visible in right background.
Photograph of a time capsule lowered into the ground at a centennial celebration for Richardson, Texas. A group of children, women, and men are gathered around the capsule. A piece of construction machinery is lowering it. In the background, there is a building identified as Richardson Public Library.
Map of Richardson, Texas and the surrounding areas. Streets are marked as well as schools of all levels, several government buildings, and selected businesses. An alphabetical list of street names is on the reverse, along with advertisements from Richardson-area businesses.
Photograph of Births page [unnumbered] from the Thomas/Routh family Bible. Text: FAMILY RECORD. BIRTHS James Thomas was Born May 11th 1822 E. A. Gray " " April 27th 1825 John T Thomas " " May 29 1842 Sarah E. Thomas " " January 11th 1844 E. J. Routh " " June 21st 1828 Oliver Thomas " " May 25th 1855 Mary T. Thomas " " August 25th 1856 Clara E. Thomas " " March 21st 1858 Martha Thomas " " November 23rd 1859 Jeff D. Thomas " " March 27th 1861 William O. Thomas " " October 9th 1865 James C. Thomas " " October 20th 1870
Photograph of an aerial-view of the Phase II expansion of University of Texas at Dallas. There are three large buildings with parking lots and roads surrounding them. In the bottom-left of the photograph, there is a construction site.