This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Richardson Public Library - Browse
Showing: 1 - 24 of 30 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Cotton gin, two-story wooden frame building. Four 2-horsedrawn wagons containing cotton. 15 men visible. Telephone pole in foreground. Numerous outbuildings. Additional information: Telephone service in Richardson was established in 1900.
Description: Woman switchboard operator, seated at manual switchboard, wearing earphones. Pictures on wall, including advertisement for Remington typewriter with female typist. Numerous wires and connectors visible. The woman has been identified variously as Stella Moody, Mayfair Griffin, and Mrs. Strait, wife of Bill Strait, telephone lineman.
Description: Oliver Harben standing; Mayfair? Griffin, operator, sitting in front of telephone switchboard equipment; Mattie Lucas Lawler Blewett Parks sitting against wall. Tall cabinet in foreground. Written on back: Written on back: Oliver Harben [standing], Mayfair? Griffin [sitting, wearing headphones], Mattie Lucas Lawler Blewett Parks [sitting]
Description: Sam Harben print shop, about 1906, Sam Harben in center. Sam P. Harben. Three men, one woman, and two young children visible. Printing press, type setter's desk, gas light visible. Written on back: Sam Harben print shop, about 1906, Sam Harben in center. Sam P. Harben. Woman: Lucille Lawler Keith (Mrs. Troy Keith) Mrs. Keith was half-sister of Laura Blewett, daughter of "Aunt Mattie" Blewett. Mrs. Blewett later married Mr. Lawler, then Mr. Parks. This information supplied by Mary Harrison 10 Jan 1973.
Description: Post card with photo of early Post Office. The structure is a small wood one story building with one door. In front are two women - one [Aunt Sarah Allen, third post master] seated in a rocking chair and one holding a baby - and a man. On the right side of the post office is a white picket fence. Other unidentified buildings are visible in the background. The ground immediately in front of the building is dirt, but grass and bushes are visible to the sides. Written on back: "Made in 1906", "Pearl Schults", "Please return to Mrs. Jake K. Stults", "donated by Grissom". Note with post card states "Aunt Sarah Allen third post master" with no explanation. Additional information: The first Post Office was established September 27, 1858. Before, mail was tossed into a barrel in the general store and residents picked out their own mail.
Description: Brick storefront, with curved corrugated metal awning. Three sets of double opening doors, with smaller glass panes above. "The Citizens State Bank" painted on one of the middle set of doors. Bill Stratton, age 6, and Newt Harris standing in and in front of right hand set of doors. Angled tall counter visible through the opened left pair of doors. Brick sidewalk in front, dirt street visible with double board walkway across. Written on back: Daddy, 6yrs ( Bill Stratton) & Uncle Newt Harris, 1906
Description: 5 children; 3 in buggy; 1 standing, with black dog; 1 standing on harness shaft. Single seat buggy; 1 horse Additional information: Children of John Meade CAMPBELL and Elizabeth Semonie Haynes CAMPBELL: Rita Mae 1895-1976, Ima Meade 1898-, Robert Haynes 1900-, Mary Winnie 1904-, Jack 1907-, Roma 1912-.
Description: 9 people standing on a steam tractor or attached gang plow. 2 women, three children, 4 men. The woman standing farthest right is veiled. The rear of the tractor is visible, in a partially plowed field. 2 women, 2 man, and 1 child (girl) are holding levers used to raise and lower the plows. Written on back of photo: Henry William Coit & family, steam tractor & plow, Renner Tex., Early 1900's. 5/24/1985 donated Henry W. Coit.
Description: Seven people and one dog, standing at a gated fence in front of a two-story clapboard house. From left to right: Man with folded arms, wearing a hat and suit. Man with hands clasped in front, wearing a suit. Woman behind the fence (made of horizontal boards attached to wooden posts), wearing dark skirt, white blouse, pompadour hair-style. Woman behind gate, wearing light-colored clothing. Man sitting on large round fence post (or tree trunk), wearing brimmed hat tilted back. Woman wearing two-piece dress, with a wide dark/light striped pattern. Man, leaning on the fence, dark hat in his right hand, moustached. In front of him (blurred) is a light-colored dog. The house behind them is two-story, wood clad, with a closed dormer forming a roof for the porch. The front door, framed above and to the side by narrow windows, appears to be open. Trees are visible at both sides; a shed is just visible on the right edge of the picture.
Creator: Imperial View Company
Description: Large, two-story wood clad residence with wrap-around roofed porch. The center section of the porch has a balcony porch on the 2nd floor. Two benches are visible on the porch; the foundation is skirted with brick; the porch steps are concrete. A small pied horse is standing in front of the porch. Four people are on the porch, a man standing, a boy standing, a man seated, and a woman standing partially behind him. Left to right: ALLEN, Robert Clint. Born Feb 1893. ALLEN, Cecil Butler. Born Sept 1899. ALLEN, Finis Ewing. Born 21 Apr 1857, Pettis Co MO; died 6 Jan 1918, Richardson TX. Allen, Lelia Ashby Butler. Born May 1862 KY. Robert Clint Allen, standing, wearing coat and hat;
Description: Two men and 1 woman standing in front of a wood clad residence. The rear, roofed, porch is facing; the front porch is just visible on the far left of the photograph. From left to right: A man is standing in front of a dark horse. A small dog is perched on the hind-quarters of the horse. A man is standing in front of a small black and white dog. The dog is sitting on a wooden box/crate. A woman is standing at the front corner of the porch, beneath a medium tree. She is holding a palm fan.
Description: Photograph of a portrait of two women identified as Lizzie Mercer and Jessie Blewett Harben. They are standing in a wooden barrel with a sign on the front that says "Pure Country 'Lasses $1.50 per. Gal." In the background, there is a wooden building.
Description: Photograph of a woman and man standing in front of a wooden fence and facing each other; they are identified as Ethel "Curley" Pierce and Oliver Eugene "Gene" Lawler. The man is holding snow in both of his hands. In the background, there are houses.
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of the R. P. (Raymond) Harben home. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a long, covered porch. There is a windmill on the left, and the house is surrounded by trees. A wooden picket fence surrounds the yard.
Description: Photograph of the L. N. Grissom family posing in front of the John B. Floyd home. Behind the family, there is a man posing beside four mules. The wooden house is two stories tall, and was also known as the Floyd Inn; it was built in 1856 in Breckinridge, the predecessor to Richardson, Texas.
Description: Photograph of two young men and two young women at the Richardson School picnic. They women are sitting in a horse-drawn carriage, and the men are standing on the side of it. The carriage and horse are in body of shallow water. In the background, there are trees. Text below the image says "Richardson School Picnic 1905."
Description: Photograph of three young women and two young men at a Richardson School picnic. The men are wearing ribbons with long streamers on their lapels, and the women are wearing bonnets. In the background, there is a horse-drawn vehicle. Text below the image says "Richardson School Picnic 1906."
Description: Photograph of eighteen students and one professor, identified as Richardson School Class of 1906. Eight young women and one male professor are sitting in the back row, nine young men are sitting in front of them, and one young man is sitting on the ground. In the background, there is a wooden building. The students are identified in order on the back of the photograph.
Date: February 27, 1906