Richardson Public Library - Browse
Showing: 11 - 34 of 222 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Description: Photograph of a bust-length portrait of Vera France Huffhines at eight years old. She is wearing a hair bow and necklace. Text below the image says "Vera Huffhines." She is the daughter of Winfield Scott Huffhines and Francis Ann Harris Huffhines, and later married William Statler Stratton.
Creator: Harper and Company
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of John Meade Campbell home. The wooden house is two-stories tall, and a covered porch extends the wide of it. Bushes and trees surround the house. The house was built in 1914, and Methodist Richardson Medical Center now occupies the land.
Creator: Harrison, Mary Campbell
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of the John Meade home (built in 1914) and surrounding land. To the left of the image, there is a wooden barn and silo beside a pond. To the right and further back, there is a house. Additional information is given on the back of the photograph.
Creator: Harrison, Mary Campbell
Description: Photograph of an intersection of Arapaho Road and U. S. 75. Two cars and two trucks are driving down one road. On the left of the road, there are houses; on the right, there is a construction site.
Creator: Martin, Jerry
Description: Photograph of the intersection of Belt Line/Main Street and U. S. 75. Several cars are heading north on U. S. 75. In the background, there are signs in a lot, a parking lot with cars, and houses.
Creator: Martin, Jerry
Description: Photograph of a portrait of a man identified as Thomas V. Wheeler, age seventy-two. He is holding the newspaper telegram telling the death of Abraham Lincoln. Wheeler is the grand-nephew of the founder of Richardson, Texas, Billy Wheeler.
Creator: Matula, Eva
Description: Photograph of a group portrait at the Harben-Spott's Company annual picnic at Kidd Springs. The picnic involved Harben's Drug Store and Richardson Telephone Company. The men, women, and children are identified as (seated on ground, first row) Earle Harben, Ray Chap Harben, Marjorie Mae Meyer, Lewis, (second row) Mrs. M. M. Meyer, Miss Florence Ingle, Mrs. Walter Williams, Miss Ethel Christopherson, Mrs. P. E. Riley, Miss Stella Moody, Mrs. Sam P. Harben, Mrs. Doyal Taylor, Mrs. Sherwood Spotts, Miss Alma Ballard, Miss Viola Anderton, Mrs. A. O. Very, Mrs. Chester Bethel, (third row) Sam P. Harben, Dr. P. E. Riley, Jess Harben, A. O. Very, Chester Bethel, Mrs. Walter Park, Mrs. R. P. Harben, Mrs. Jess Harben, Walter Park, Sherwood Spotts, (fourth row) Doyal Taylor, Walter Williams, J. D. McNeil, Carson Harben, Lester Meyer, and M. M. Meyer.
Date: July 1, 1926
Creator: McAnally, C. C.
Description: Photograph of twelve students and one coach identified as the Richardson High School football team. Coach W. H. Galloway is standing in between four boys on the back row, and eight boys are sitting in the front row. One boy in the center is holding a football with "R. H. S." written on it. Text below the image says "1919 Richardson High School Football Team." The boys are identified on the back of the image.
Creator: Smith, Morris J.
Description: Photograph of two laughing elderly women, identified as Irene Cain and Carrie Lee Ashby Fender. The women were both members of the Richardson Girls' Basketball Team, around 1919. Bill Wechter took this photograph for an article written by Shirley Reynolds of the Richardson Daily News.
Creator: Wechter, Bill
Description: Photograph of a group of eight young women identified as the 1919 girls' basketball team. They are posing in a car on the corner of Main Street and McKinney Street in Richardson, Texas. Five of the women are sitting in the car, and three are standing on the sides of the car.
Description: Photograph of the 1938 Richardson High School football team. They are seated in bleachers, and posing in three rows. All but two boys are wearing football uniforms; one boy in the center-front row is holding a football. Text below the image says "1938 Football Team," and has each of their names listed.
Description: Photograph of the 1939 Richardson High School Football Team. The boys are posed in five rows with two men on the ends of the fourth row. All but three of the boys are wearing uniforms. They are identified by name on the back of the image.
Description: Photograph of an aerial view of downtown Richardson, Texas. Streets intersecting in the foreground are Main Street and Greenville Avenue. The City Hall complex can be seen in the bottom-right corner of the image. Other buildings and cars are visible.
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of the Alvin Ragsdale home, built in the 1920s; its location is now Beltline and 75 Central Expressway. The brick house is one-story tall, and has an enclosed porch with brick arches on the left. On the right, there is a chimney with decorative brick patterns on it. Plants and shrubs are growing in front of the house.
Description: Copy photograph of a group of people identified as the Bowser family and Blewett family. They are posing in a camp with two covered wagons and a tent. Children are standing outside of the tent. The families camped while going to Oklahoma in 1897. Maimie Bowser kept a diary of the trip.
Date: August 1897
Description: Copy photograph of one man, woman, boy, and two girls standing outside of the C. H. Blewett House. They are identified as Chapman H. Blewett (1856-), Mattie Skiles Blewett (1855-), John Blewett (1881-), Laura Blewett (1887-), and Jessie Blewett (1896-). Text above the image says "C. H. Blewett home at Richardson, Texas about 1898." Text below the image labels each person.
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of T. C. Hudgins home on the corner of Polk Street and Greenville Avenue in Richardson, Texas. The wooden house is one-story tall with a covered porch in the front. Trees grow in the surround yard. A street sign on the corner says "Polk St."
Description: Copy photograph of the original Campbell farm site, located around Campbell Road and Prairie Creek Drive. Two horses are standing beside a wire fence. To the right of the image, there is a building and gate. In the background, there is a pond and trees in a field. Robert Fleming Campbell came to Richardson with the Routh family in 1851. He paid $2.00 an acre for the land where he built his first cabin.
Filter: DecadesThis dialog allows you to filter your current search. Each of the Decades listed note their name and the number of records that will be limited down to if you choose that option. The list can be sorted by name or the count.
Filter: YearsThis dialog allows you to filter your current search. Each of the Years listed note their name and the number of records that will be limited down to if you choose that option. The list can be sorted by name or the count.
Having trouble finding an option within the list of Years? Start typing and we'll update the list to show only those items that match your needs.
1854 1 1 1864 1 1 1880 1 1 1890 2 2 1896 1 1 1897 1 1 1898 2 2 1899 1 1 1900 2 2 1902 1 1 1903 1 1 1905 2 2 1906 2 2 1908 5 5 1909 4 4 1910 4 4 1912 1 1 1914 5 5 1915 4 4 1917 1 1 1918 1 1 1919 3 3 1920 2 2 1925 2 2 1926 1 1 1928 1 1 1929 1 1 1934 1 1 1936 2 2 1938 1 1 1939 1 1 1945 1 1 1946 1 1 1949 1 1 1950 4 4 1954 3 3 1955 4 4 1957 1 1 1958 7 7 1959 5 5 1960 3 3 1964 2 2 1965 2 2 1966 1 1 1968 1 1 1970 6 6 1971 1 1 1972 8 8 1973 16 16 1980 1 1 1982 1 1 1985 1 1 1986 1 1 1987 1 1 1988 9 9 1993 1 1 1996 1 1 2005 6 6