Photograph of a parade float at the Centennial celebration on the corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. The float is shaped like a train locomotive. In the background, there are people watching the parade on the left, and a green truck on the right.
Photograph of a group of people wearing costumes and waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. There are two trucks and one convertible car parked behind them. In the background, there is a grassy field.
Photograph of cars parked in a line waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. A group of women wearing costumes are gathered around the back of a white Datsun car. Behind the white car, there are women dressed in costume gathered around a red convertible. In the background, there is a woman and horse on a grass lot, and people beside a red truck.
Photograph of a parked red convertible Impala, waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. The car is decorated with pink flowers and streamers. A group of women dressed in costume are gathered around it. They are standing in front of Richardson Public Library.
Photograph of a line of two trucks and one car waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. A group of women dressed in nineteenth-century costume are gathered around the cars. In the background to the right of the image, there is a view of Richardson Public Library.
Photograph of a group of women dressed in nineteenth-century costume, waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. They are standing in front of a red convertible car decorated with pink flowers and streamers. In the background, there are other cars and people.
Photograph of a line of parked trucks waiting to participate in the Centennial parade. A group of women are gathered around the back of a copper-colored truck. To the right of the truck, there is a white truck and red convertible with a crowd around them. In the background, there is a building identified as Richardson Public Library.
White brick masonry multi-story, multi-level building. The tallest, center portion has a sign at the top, RICHARDSON MEDICAL CENTER B. B. OWEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. This center portion is flanked on both sides by the main portion of the building, which is shorter and has vertical columns of windows. In the front of the picture is the lowest portion of the building, with ground-level windows and one inset doorway. The doorway and windows are partially hidden by curving lines of low shrubs in the picture foreground. Portions of equipment, perhaps ventilation, are visible on roof areas. Additional information: Dallas Morning News, Dec. 18, 1975 "A 5-story hospital, scheduled for completion in August, 1977, will be built at 401 W. Campbell Rd. ... The building contract was given to J. A. Jones Construction Co." The hospital was dedicated Saturday, May 27, 1977. It was named in memory of Dallas businessman B. B. Owen. The hospital opened for business Tuesday, May 30, 1977. Bennie Bryan Owen was born on September 11, 1897, in Cisco, Eastland County. As a young man, he moved to Dallas County where he was principally involved with investments and investment loans. He was also involved in agriculture as he owned land in Dallas County. In the late 1960s, Owen moved to Collin County where he made his residence until his death on April 24, 1972.
Photograph of a group of people at the opening of the new, four-story Richardson Public Library on 900 Civic Center Drive in Richardson, Texas. One man is standing at a podium, one man is sitting to his left, and one woman is standing behind the seated man. They are identified as Mayor Ray Noah, James V. Kincaid (Chairman of Library Board), and Marguerite Anderson (librarian). To the far right, there are members of a band sitting. In the background, there is a view of the library.
Photograph of twenty-three women and two men posing in front of a copper-clad fireplace at Richardson Public Library. They are wearing costumes in celebration for the centennial of Richardson, Texas. Seven people are identified as Gerrie Mason (left), Bertha (Bird) O'Neal (fourth from right), Tony Rampino (back row, center), Louise Frederick (back row, center), Paul Smith (back row, center), Marita Mangan (fourth from left), and Charlie Unk (far right). In the foreground, there is a group of chairs.
Richardson Public Library looking southeast from the corner of Arapaho Road and Civic Center Drive. Red and white azaleas in foreground. Cars visible in parking lot. Civic Center [City Hall] building and water tower visible in right background.
Photograph of a time capsule lowered into the ground at a centennial celebration for Richardson, Texas. A group of children, women, and men are gathered around the capsule. A piece of construction machinery is lowering it. In the background, there is a building identified as Richardson Public Library.
Map of Richardson, Texas and the surrounding areas. Streets are marked as well as schools of all levels, several government buildings, and selected businesses. An alphabetical list of street names is on the reverse, along with advertisements from Richardson-area businesses.
Photograph of Births page [unnumbered] from the Thomas/Routh family Bible. Text: FAMILY RECORD. BIRTHS James Thomas was Born May 11th 1822 E. A. Gray " " April 27th 1825 John T Thomas " " May 29 1842 Sarah E. Thomas " " January 11th 1844 E. J. Routh " " June 21st 1828 Oliver Thomas " " May 25th 1855 Mary T. Thomas " " August 25th 1856 Clara E. Thomas " " March 21st 1858 Martha Thomas " " November 23rd 1859 Jeff D. Thomas " " March 27th 1861 William O. Thomas " " October 9th 1865 James C. Thomas " " October 20th 1870
Photograph of an aerial-view of the Phase II expansion of University of Texas at Dallas. There are three large buildings with parking lots and roads surrounding them. In the bottom-left of the photograph, there is a construction site.