St. David's Episcopal Church - 50 Matching Results

Search Results

[Portrait of Reverend Caleb Ives]

Description: Portrait photograph of the Reverend Caleb Ives of St. David's Episcopal Church. An accompanying card states that he was the first foreign missionary of the Church appointed to the Republic of Texas. He was also the founder of the Mother Church of the Diocese, Christ Church Matagorda and held the first service of the Church in Austin, 1840.
Date: 1849

[Church Exterior]

Description: Photograph of the exterior of St. David's Episcopal Church with a large group of people in front. It is a small building with one front door and five windows on the side. There are houses in the background and there appears to be snow on the ground.
Date: 1867

[Interior Church Altar]

Description: Photograph of the Interior of St. David's Church during the of Reverend Thomas Booth Lee. The pews are empty, but a man is seated up near the altar. There are large chandeliers in the sanctuary and a stained glass window behind the altar. The caption beneath the photo reads, "Interior of St. David's Church, Austin, Texas, during the early part of the rectorship of the Rev. Thomas Booth Lee- 1875-1912."
Date: 1875/1912

[Sunday School Picnic]

Description: Sepia photograph of a group of people at a picnic taken on the grounds of the James H. Raymond estate. The group is lined up outdoors, and there is a boy standing on a buggy in the background. A card accompanying the photograph identifies the people, from left to right, as: Mr. Oceolo Archer, Mrs. Archer, Mrs. Cochran (Mrs. Lee's mother), Charles Calloway, his mother Mrs. Charles Calloway, Mrs. Rosine Ryan, Miss Clara Maillot (Mrs. Robi Bacon's sister and later Mrs. Julian Smith), Mrs. Fannie Crooker (Church organist), Mr. and Mrs. J. B. Lee, Mrs. Will Lambert (Mrs. Bacon's mother), Mr. and Mrs. Bartholomew, and Mr. Richard Lee. The boy on the buggy is identified as Willie Lambert.
Date: 1884

[Saint David's Church Exterior]

Description: Photograph of the original exterior of St. David's Church, before the streets were lowered. The building is surrounded by small trees and there are two black automobiles parked on the street. The church is located at San Jacinto and 7th Street, in Austin, Texas.
Date: 1923
Creator: Jordan Company

[Saint David's Episcopal Church Easter Egg Hunt]

Description: Photograph of an Easter egg hunt located at the home of Mr. and Mrs. C. W. Bartholomew, at 904 West Avenue. There are children outside on a lawn, some are lined up standing and some are seated. Two small children are in the foreground playing with a truck, and women in coats and hats are standing in the background behind the children.
Date: 1930~

St. David's Through The Years

Description: This text discusses the history of St. David's Episcopal Church in Austin, Texas including descriptions of the building throughout the years and the congregation members who were heavily involved with the church. There are also several appendices: Wardens and Vestrymen; Church School Superintendents; Organists and Choir Directors; World War I Veterans; Men from the Parish Serving in World War II--As of November 1, 1942; and Memorials and Gifts. Index starts on page 87.
Date: 1942
Creator: Writers' Program of the Work Projects Administration in the State of Texas

[Chapel Interior]

Description: Photograph of the Chapel of the Holy Angels in St. David's Episcopal Church, prior to a current restoration. There is a white structure with candles and a cross on it, and a stained glass window on the right side.
Date: unknown

[The Charity Window]

Description: Photograph of the Charity Window located in Saint David's Episcopal Church, created in 1923 in the memory of Reverend Thomas Booth Lee's wife. There are three panels, with two angels in the bottom two corners and a larger figure in the center.
Date: unknown

[Church Interior]

Description: Photograph of the interior of St. David's Episcopal Church. There is a large altar at the end of the room, with two people in front of it. There are palm plants in front of the altar, and stained glass windows on each side.
Date: unknown

A Complete Parish Register, for the use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States

Description: Parish register for St. David's Episcopal Church in Austin, Texas includes records of parishoners and special events (baptisms, burials, marriages, etc.) as well as persons involved (confirmands, communicants, etc.) and offerings. This volume also contains some documentation written in 1940 regarding church programs and services.
Date: unknown
Creator: St. David's Episcopal Church (Austin, Tex.)

[The Maggie Window]

Description: Photograph of the Maggie Window located in St. David's Episcopal Church, created in 1876. The window was donated by James Hervey Raymond in memory of his wife's young niece. There is a decorative border around the window and three circles in the center.
Date: unknown