Smithville Public Library

In 1929, the members of the Smithville Woman’s Club proposed to establish a public library. J.G. Trousdale, husband of one of the members, offered a room on the second floor of a building he owned on Main Street to house the library. After gifts and donations from members of the community came in to the Woman’s Club, the library opened its doors to the public in January, 1931, with a collection of 500 books. Today, the Smithville Public Library is located at 507 Main St, Smithville, Texas, and provides free services to all residents living within the Bastrop county boundaries with services available to all others according to Library Director discretion.

Contact

Judy Bergeron

512) 237-3282 ext. 6

jbergeron@ci.smithville.tx.us

Address

507 Main Street
Smithville, TX 78957-1430



At a Glance