Sanger Public Library - Browse
Showing: 1 - 24 of 56 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Firemen and their fire trucks, March 19, 1927. Sanger Fire Department members from left to right: Otis Jones, Chief Bud Gentle (standing), A. G. Nance, Joe Hughes, Alton Gentle, S. C. Moore, L. B. Daniels, D. C. Gheens, G. W. Sullivan, Troy Stinson, Elmer Hulse, Jack McReynolds, Jno Richardson. Members not in the picture Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett and Jim Kline. Taken on the square in Sanger, looking north.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E Carruth
Description: Firemen and their trucks, March 19, 1927. Listed on second photograph , from left to right, George A. Sullivan, Chas Milligan, W. D. Lewis, Glen Rieger, A. H. Haynie, A. L. Gentle, W. B. Chambers, Jno McClendon, R.E. Gentle, H. W. Ezell, Jno Hughes, Otis Jones and Chief Bud Gentle. Members not in the picture: Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett, and Jim Kline. The top of the Sanger School is seen in the background.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E. Carruth
Description: This is a 1942 copy of a 1923 sewer map of Sanger, Texas. The map indicates the location of dwellings, churches, mercantiles, industrial areas, and the Santa Fe depot. The diagram documents the location of 33,067 linear feet of sewer lines, 36 manholes, and 33 cleanouts.
Date: May 25, 1923
Creator: Dalton, E.L.
Item Type: Map
Description: The crane is in place to dismantle the minicipal water tower. Originally purchased October 15, 1923 for $5,650 from Pittsburgh - Des Moines Steel Co. Dallas, TX. Held 50,000 gallons of water.
Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Description: Many people gather in downtown Sanger each Saturday for a cash drawing. Entries for the drawing were obtained by making a purchase from participating merchants during the preceding week. George W. (Speedy) Sullivan, standing on truck conducting the drawing. George A. Sullivan standing arms akimbo with straw hat.
Description: Office in back part of First National Bank. Pictured are "Miss Ella" Warren with her partner RW Walten, Curtis Warren and Rev. J.L. Ratcliff Pastor of First Baptist Church. "Miss Ella" was the first woman in Sanger to receive the outstanding citizen award.
Description: Building on the corner of 3rd and Bolivar Streets. In 1899 Mr. Berry came to Sanger and with B.L. and J. W. Spencer bought the Farmers Bank of Sanger, changing the name to Farmers & Merchants Bank. It was chartered as First National Bank of Sanger in 1905.
Description: Dan Davis and Charlie Henderson owned and operated the first public water utility and electric power plant in Sanger. This water tank on wooden platform and tower, with work sheds and picket fence in foreground was built in 1906. It was on the south east corner of 4th and Locust Streets.
Description: Small brick schoolhouse with thirty students and four (?) teachers. The building was located on the southeast corner of Metz and View Roads. Front row: First three unidentified, Alfred Coggins, J.C. Barnes, ___Barnes, Ouida Miller Anderson, Bernice Wade, Helen Christian, unknown, Junior Stinson, four unknown, Foy Stinson, Coy Stinson Second row: Nellie Mae Christian, J.B. Wise, Orville Andrews, Lemon Ausband, Bethany Waide, Pearl Lanier Klum, Charlie Mae Stinson, Louise Gilbert, Gibson Lanier, unknown, Gladys Baker, Joe Bob Farrell, unknown. Back row: Frances Barnes, Alyne Seale, Mildred Touchstone, unknown