Sanger Public Library - Browse
Showing: 1 - 24 of 56 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: The crane is in place to dismantle the minicipal water tower. Originally purchased October 15, 1923 for $5,650 from Pittsburgh - Des Moines Steel Co. Dallas, TX. Held 50,000 gallons of water.
Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John
Description: Front row: Arlon Newton, Keno Lusk, Lawrence Horst, Clinton Enlow, Willard Ashley, Grady Woods Second row: Lucille Miller, Linnie Bess Draper, Frances Jackson, Mary Sue Lusk, Faye McClendon, unknown, Maybell Montgomery, Jennie Dee Bronuagh Third row: Oran Campbell, Clarabell Bentley, unknown, Mildred Touchstone, C. O. Mitchell, Linnie Mae Melton, unknown, Ida Pearl Nance, Alyne Seal, L. I. Samuels Back row: Jess Schmidt, John Ezell, Harris Brewer, J.P. Hampton, unknown, J.B. Harper, Frank Burchard, Carl Ganzer, Claudie Allred
Description: Sanger football team of 1932, listed alphabetically Tip Allred, T. H. Averitt, Joe Batis, Clyde Berryhill, Lynwood Brewer, Frank Cornell, Leon Caves, Lanier Chestnut, Edwin Ganzer, L. N. Landers, J. F. Mundkowsky, T. H. Pritchett, Marion Newton, Bill Nat Rector, Weldon Roane, Jimmie Tyson, Edward Spratt, Coach: Sam McClure
Description: Construction of elevated tank is about half finished. Site sign identifies "1982 Bond Program, Acker Street". Identifies Hunter Associates, Inc. of Dallas Texas as Engineer and Brown Steel Contractors of Newman, Georgia as Contractor.
Description: This is a 1942 copy of a 1923 sewer map of Sanger, Texas. The map indicates the location of dwellings, churches, mercantiles, industrial areas, and the Santa Fe depot. The diagram documents the location of 33,067 linear feet of sewer lines, 36 manholes, and 33 cleanouts.
Date: May 25, 1923
Creator: Dalton, E.L.
Item Type: Map
Description: Originally in 1902 built to serve as a Presbyterian Church. It was donated to the city, and housed the public library from 1972 to 1995. Historical marker describes the history of the congregation rather than the building.
Description: Left to right- Back row- Ruby Pearl Odom, Erminia Perez, Alyne Seals, Alta Mae Crandall, Ida Pearl Nance, Faye McClendon , Pauline Carson, Nell Thomas, (unknown), Mildred Touchstone, Oveleta Smith, Mary Sue Lusk, Pauline Burchard, (unknown). Front Row- (unknown), Calvin Kline, Bennie Hughes, Howard Carrico, Bill Burroughs, Tommy McDaniel, Gyp Gibson, J. P. Hampton, Grady Woods, Willard Ashely, Frank Burchard, (unknown).
Description: Only a few of these children have been identified. Names corresponding to the numbers on the photograph: #2 Tommy McDaniel, #4 Helen Ruth Gentle, #5 Arlan Newton #6 J. P. Hampton, #8 Ida Pearl Nance, #10 Faye McClendon, #13 Bill Burroughs, #18 Alyne Seal, #21 Frank Burchard. Other names listed but unable to place with number are Morris, and Pauline Carson. All others are unidentifed.