Sanger Public Library - 55 Matching Results

Search Results

Sanger Fire Department (Part 1 of 2)

Description: Firemen and their trucks, March 19, 1927. Listed on second photograph , from left to right, George A. Sullivan, Chas Milligan, W. D. Lewis, Glen Rieger, A. H. Haynie, A. L. Gentle, W. B. Chambers, Jno McClendon, R.E. Gentle, H. W. Ezell, Jno Hughes, Otis Jones and Chief Bud Gentle. Members not in the picture: Butler Boydstun, Chester Ausband, Jeff Cornett, and Jim Kline. The top of the Sanger School is seen in the background.
Date: March 19, 1927
Creator: Chas. E. Carruth

[Post Office, Sanger, Texas]

Description: Group includes (from left): H.D. Green, postmaster, Effie Green, Mrs H.D. Green, Tyler Green, Cleburne Warren, mail carrier, John Vaughn, mail carrier, Curtis Warren, mail carrier. The Post Office was located at east end of Dunn building on the north east corner of Bolivar and 4th Streets.
Date: 1910~

[Grading Bolivar Street]

Description: Tractors, one possibly steam, grading the road. Early wooden structures and one brick or stone building on right. Man on left is Dr. Ervin Howard, first doctor in Sanger. May 23, 1892
Date: May 23, 1892

[Sanger Presbyterian Church / Sanger Public Library]

Description: Originally in 1902 built to serve as a Presbyterian Church. It was donated to the city, and housed the public library from 1972 to 1995. Historical marker describes the history of the congregation rather than the building.
Date: 1980~

[Sanger Presbyterian Church]

Description: Early photo of Sanger Presbyterian Church with original roofline. The gable to the left of the steeple was later removed. The building was built in 1902.
Date: 1920~

First Baptist Church - Sanger, Texas

Description: Stone building that later housed the Landmark Baptist Church. Building is located on the southeast corner of Cherry and 4th Streets.
Date: 1955~

[Gipson & Babb General Store]

Description: Front of Gipson & Babb Drugs & General Merchandise in Hunt County. Five men in western dress on front porch, one man on horseback. Hand made signs for ice cold drinks and one for long distance telephone.
Date: 1915~

[Sewer site with building]

Description: Original Sanger Sewer site probably built in 1920s. Showing pipes and a small building. Sign says, "DANGER Chlorine gas"
Date: 1980~

[Sewer site]

Description: Original Sanger Sewer site probably built in the early 1920s. Concrete holding pools.
Date: 1980~

[Water tower construction with site sign]

Description: Construction of elevated tank is about half finished. Site sign identifies "1982 Bond Program, Acker Street". Identifies Hunter Associates, Inc. of Dallas Texas as Engineer and Brown Steel Contractors of Newman, Georgia as Contractor.
Date: unknown

[Dismantling old water tower, full shot]

Description: The crane is in place to dismantle the minicipal water tower. Originally purchased October 15, 1923 for $5,650 from Pittsburgh - Des Moines Steel Co. Dallas, TX. Held 50,000 gallons of water.
Date: March 15, 1999
Creator: Henderson, John

Municipal Light and Power

Description: Two story city power plant, water tower and 1938 Dodge truck. Building is located on the southwest corner of Bolivar and 2nd Streets.
Date: 1955~

[Gentle Ambulance]

Description: Man, woman and child in front seat of an ambulance with two nurses and the "patient" in back. Probably a 1928 Cadillac limousine.
Date: 1930~

[Dr. Wall and Dan Davis]

Description: Outside of store displaying Coca Cola sign, Dr. Wall (Dentist) & Dan Davis are mock fighting for the camera.
Date: 1915~

[Jeweler Dan Davis]

Description: Interior of Gaskin Drug Store shows glass display case holding watches and jewery. Magazine rack in the foreground and Cigar poster on the wall flank Dan Davis, who not only sold, but also repaired watches.
Date: 1910~

[Gaskins Drug Store]

Description: Gaskins Drug Store, NE corner of 3rd and Bolivar streets. Shows typical soda fountain. At register: W H Gaskin, on his right: Duncan Davidson, opposite them: Dan Davis, Jeweler
Date: 1912~

[Ella Warren's Insurance Office]

Description: Office in back part of First National Bank. Pictured are "Miss Ella" Warren with her partner RW Walten, Curtis Warren and Rev. J.L. Ratcliff Pastor of First Baptist Church. "Miss Ella" was the first woman in Sanger to receive the outstanding citizen award.
Date: 1923

[Sanger Dry Goods Store]

Description: Interior of store with ladies hats displayed prominently. Mr. Andrews, Mrs. Waide, Mr. Collins, and Mr. McNiel.
Date: 1910~

[First National Bank lobby]

Description: Ballard Powell, Gwen Beeman Pate (Mrs. Hugh), and A.M. Beeman (taller man) stand behind the counter of the First National Bank in Sanger, Texas.
Date: 1937~/1943~

[Bolivar Street, Sanger, Texas]

Description: Downtown Sanger looking east along Bolivar Street from the corner on Fifth Street. The native stone wall marks the edge of the square.
Date: 1942~