Sterling Municipal Library

Library service in the Baytown area has a long history. The first library building in the Baytown area was a branch of the Harris County Library, opening in 1925. Ross S. Sterling, then President of Humble Oil and Refining Company, donated the land and the physical building, while Harris County funded the staff and materials for the library. This Goose Creek Library served residents until 1963. Municipally funded public library service commenced with the dedication of Sterling Municipal Library in 1963. The name honors Ross Sterling for his vision and commitment to the printed word.

Contact

Reference

281-427-7331 ext. 2

Asklibrary@baytown.org

Address

1 Mary Wilbanks Ave
Baytown, TX 77520



At a Glance