Taft Public Library

About the Town

The town was the center of a million-acre ranch, the Coleman-Fulton Pasture Company, for which the train station was a shipping point. The first post office opened in 1904, with right-of-ways for telephone and telegraph services following in 1907.

The Taft Public Library received a 2015 Tocker Foundation grant to digitize historic issues of its area newspaper collection, including the Taft Tribune and the San Patricio County News.

Contact

Reference

361-528-3512

mgriffin@cityoftaft.net

Address

503 Green Avenue
Taft, Texas 78390



At a Glance