Texas State University

History

The university was established in 1899 as the Southwest Texas State Normal School. Its name changed to Southwest Texas State Normal College in 1918, Southwest Texas State Teachers College in 1925, to Southwest Texas State College in 1959, to Southwest Texas State University in 1969, to Texas State University-San Marcos in 2003, and to Texas State University in 2013.

Contact

University Archives

(512) 245-2686

univarchives@txstate.edu

Address

Albert B. Alkek Library
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666



At a Glance