UNT Libraries - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Chapel on the Bosque, Stephenville Museum

Description: Photograph of the Chapel on the Bosque, originally the Stephenville Presbyterian Church in Stephenville, Texas. The church is all white and has a round tower with a steeple. There is a fence with a hedge surrounding the chapel in the foreground.
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dr. Pepper Billboard

Description: Photograph of an advertising billboard near the Dublin Dr. Pepper Museum and Old Doc's Soda Shop in Dublin, TX. The girl on the swing moves forward and back. She is Pretty Peggy Pepper, a woman chosen yearly as the plant’s goodwill ambassador.
Date: April 23, 2006
Creator: Howington, Ann
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dr. Pepper Billboard

Description: Photograph of an advertising billboard near the Dublin Dr. Pepper Museum and Old Doc's Soda Shop in Dublin, TX. The girl on the swing moves forward and back. She is Pretty Peggy Pepper, a woman chosen yearly as the plant’s goodwill ambassador.
Date: April 23, 2006
Creator: Howington, Ann
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dr. Pepper Billboard

Description: Photograph of an advertising billboard near the Dublin Dr. Pepper Museum and Old Doc's Soda Shop in Dublin, TX. The girl on the swing moves forward and back. She is Pretty Peggy Pepper, a woman chosen yearly as the plant’s goodwill ambassador.
Date: April 23, 2006
Creator: Howington, Ann
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dr. Pepper Museum and Soda Shop

Description: Photograph of the Dublin Dr. Pepper Museum and Old Doc's Soda Shop in Dublin, TX. In front of the building is a statue, "Sweet Inspirations" depicting the plant's owner, Bill Kloster -- "Mr. Dr Pepper" -- offering a bottle of Dr. Pepper to a little girl.
Date: April 23, 2006
Creator: Howington, Ann
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dr. Pepper Museum and Soda Shop

Description: Photograph of the Dublin Dr. Pepper Museum and Old Doc's Soda Shop in Dublin, TX. In front of the building is a statue, "Sweet Inspirations" depicting the plant's owner, Bill Kloster -- "Mr. Dr Pepper" -- offering a bottle of Dr. Pepper to a little girl.
Date: April 23, 2006
Creator: Howington, Ann
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dr. Pepper Museum in Dublin

Description: Photograph of the Dublin Dr. Pepper Museum and Old Doc's Soda Shop in Dublin, TX. In front of the building is a statue, "Sweet Inspirations" depicting the plant's owner, Bill Kloster -- "Mr. Dr Pepper" -- offering a bottle of Dr. Pepper to a little girl.
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dr. Pepper sign in Dublin, Texas

Description: Photograph of an advertising billboard for Dr. Pepper in Dublin. The girl on the swing actually swings back and forth.
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dublin Train Depot

Description: Photograph looking across the tracks at the Dublin train depot in Dublin, TX.
Date: April 23, 2006
Creator: Howington, Ann
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Dublin Train Depot

Description: Photograph looking across the tracks at the Dublin train depot in Dublin, TX.
Date: April 23, 2006
Creator: Howington, Ann
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Erath County Courthouse, Stephenville

Description: Photograph of the Erath County Courthouse in Stephenville. It is a four-story building made of red and white stones with a clock tower at the top. There is a flagpole in front of the building, and trees on the lawn on either side of the entrance.
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Erath County Courthouse, Stephenville

Description: Photograph of the Erath County Courthouse in Stephenville. It is a four-story building made of red and white stones with a clock tower at the top.
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Erath County Courthouse, Stephenville. Clock tower detail

Description: Photograph of the clock tower at the Erath County Courthouse in Stephenville at 12:50 p.m. The building is made of white and red stones, and the clock tower has a green roof. There are clock faces on each side of the tower.
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Erath County Courthouse, Stephenville, Interior stone tower wall

Description: Photograph looking up at the interior tower wall of the Erath County Courthouse in Stephenville. The wall is made entirely of stone, and there is a wooden staircase leading upwards at the top of the photo. There are also several lamps on the two floors visible.
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Erath County Honor Roll Memorial

Description: Photograph of the Erath County Honor Roll Memorial, for casualties of WWI and WWII. It is a stone with names engraved into it, and an American flag placed behind it.
Date: August 1, 2005
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Erath County Veterans Memorial

Description: Photograph of the Erath County Veterans Memorial. It is made of three stones. The largest, middle stone reads: "Erath County honors its veterans of WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm and other military actions." The left stone says "Duty, Honor, Country," and the right says "Our men and women of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marines." A line of text at the bottom of the memorial declares that it was "Donated by citizens, businesses, and organizations of Erath County."
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

First National Bank building, Stephenville

Description: Photograph of the old First National Bank building in Stephenville, which currently houses the law office of Boyd Waggoner. It is a stone building, with a tower above the entrance.
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Historic plaque - Thurber

Description: Photograph of a historic plaque in Thurber, Texas. It reads: "Thurber. Most important mine site in Texas for 30 years. Coal here, probably known to Indians, was "discovered" in 1886 by W. W. Johnson, who with his brother Harvey sold out to Texas & Pacific Coal Company in 1888. (T. & P. Coal Company provided fuel for the Texas & Pacific Railroad, but was independently owned. Town was named for H. K. Thurber, friend of T. & P. Coal Company founders. Most dynamic firm member was Robert D. Hunter (1833 - 1902), developer of 7 of 15 mines. Next president was E. L. Marston, Hunter's son-in-law, who left mining largely to William K. Gordon (1862 - 1949), an engineer who brought daily output to 3,000 tons. Then in 1917, Gordon (backed by management of coal company) was primarily responsible for discovery of Range Oil Field, 20 miles west. Adoption of oil-burning railway locomotives cut demand for coal. Last mine here closed in 1921, and the 10,000 or more inhabitants of Thurber began to move away. The coal firm changed its name to Texas Pacific Coal and Oil Company and was sold in 1963 to Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, Inc., for $277,000,000.00. Renamed Texas Pacific Oil Company, it is no one of the largest independent domestic energy suppliers. Much coal (by estimate 127,000,000 tons) remains underground. (1969)"
Date: August 7, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

Major George B. Erath Monument

Description: Photograph of a monument in honor of Major George B. Erath, erected by the Sons and Daughters of Confederate Veterans in 2001. A picture of a Confederate and Texas flags are crossed at the top of the monument. It reads: "In Memory of Major George B. Erath, CSA and the more than 600 Confederate veterans of the War Between the States, who rest beneath the rich soil of Erath County. Ordinary men from across the South took up arms to fight an extraordinary war. Together they became one of the most acclaimed fighting forces in military history. The South devastated by war and the hard life during Reconstruction caused families to move to Texas where they hoped for a better life. Erath County prospered as veterans built homes, schools, churches, farms and businesses. CSA veterans became leaders in our towns and communities. They are our ancestors. Their lives, our sacred heritage, we remember with honor and devotion."
Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info: