This book was created to provide "authentic information concerning the natural and co-operative resources and opportunities offered by East Texas and her people" for the general public. It contains information about the "General Development in 1921-22, The Evolution of transportation and Fixing of Lower Rate Levels, The Marketing Problem Nearing Solution, Organization, Concentration and Standardization of Quality; Pack and Grade, Co-Operative Work of A. & M. College Department of Extension Service; State Agricultural Department; Markets and Warehouses Department; [and the] Chamber of Commerce in East Texas" (p. 1).
Photograph of a historic plaque in San Augustine, Texas. It reads: "San Augustine County Courthouse. When the town of San Augustine was platted in 1834, this property was reserved for the public square, but it was another 20 years before the first courthouse was constructed here. San Augustine was one of the 23 original counties established after Texas won independence from Mexico in 1836. Early courts were held in the Mansion Hotel, and by 1840, the county government operated out of the Federal Custom House. In 1854, San Augustine County built its first Courthouse on the public square. The subsequent Courthouse, an 1893 Italianate structure, was razed to make room for the current building. Completed in 1927, the third San Augustine County Courthouse is constructed of Texas Lueders Stone. It is symmetrical in plan with a prominent central entry bay and exhibits influences of the classical revival style of architecture. The County Commissioner Court, with County Judge Ed Kennon presiding, selected East Texas architect Shirley Simons as the designer and the firm of Campbell and White as the builders. Over the years, the square has been a gathering place for community and county events. Monuments placed on the grounds include a bronze statue of James Pinckney Henderson, first governor of the State of Texas and a resident of San Augustine, and a veterans memorial erected in 1951. The 1927 Courthouse stands as a center of politics and government for the people of San Augustine County and an important part of the city's 20th Century architectural heritage. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2001."
1976, San Augustine "The Cradle of Texas" Special Notice Bicentennial - Time Capsule is buried here. Capsule is a wooden box, encased in a thick coat of fiber glass, and is completely surrounded in heavy concrete, buried about 18 inches deep. Capsule is to be opened on July 4th, 2076.
This report contains information about the petroleum industry in the state of Texas, including chapters on the history, nature and origin of the resource, as well as oil and gas-bearing formations. The index begins on page 93.
Map showing "Trammel's Trace," the first road from the north (present-day Arkansas) into Texas, used around 1800. It includes notations for abandoned settlements, modern cities, and Caddo villages documented from 1800 to 1840, as well as other historic roads used at the time of Trammel's Trace.
For God and Country Semper Fidelis In Memory of Those Who Lost Their Lives in Time of War Killed in Action Anderson, Nolan R.; Beard, Bruce; Belser, Oscar L.; Brown, Willie B.; Bullock, Jim; Dominy, Reed H.; Emmons, E. H. (Ned); Emmons, John L.; Fitzgerald, Garland; Fussell, Lucien; Gill, William; Hightower, James C.; Holloway, Ollie J.; Kingsley, Paul E.; Lanning, J. B.; Lakey, Hardy L.; Lee, Fred; Lewis, Johnnie D.; Moore, Jessie L.; Norwood, Thomas A.; O'Neal, Raymon E.; Oxley, Tom E.; Powell, Harvey; Powell, T. J.; Rash, W. H.; Reeder, Luther; Rulfs, Milam I.; Sharpton, Billy M.; Sheffield, Willie H.; Vaughn, Troy; Wade, Lance C.; Wall, Gladwyn J.; Wells, Darwin T.; Whitton, Nugent; Williams, Basil E.; Willison, William S. Died in Service Allen, George L.; Barnes, Wilma; Berry, Nehemiah; Bodine, Joseph A.; Chance, Raymond H.; Clifton, Melvin; Dickerson, Henry; Higginbotham, E. C.; Lane, Valton; Mahan, Ernest E.; Mathews, William C.; Nash, Laurie; Perry, Pink E.; Runnels, C. B.; Sexton, Johnie B.; Taylor, Wilburn; Warr, Noah; West, Levi. Erected by the citizens of San Augustine County, sponsored by Post 387 American Legion.
This dialog allows you to filter your current search.
Each of the Counties listed note their name and the number of records that will be limited down to if you choose that option.
The list can be sorted by name or the count.
Having trouble finding an option within the list of Counties? Start typing and we'll update the list to show only those items that match your needs.