UNT Libraries - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- A History of Smith County, Texas
- This thesis gives an overview of the history of Smith County, Texas. The chapters, according to the Table of Contents: Topography and Earliest Indian Life; The Cherokees; The Expulsion of the Cherokees; The Exploration and Beginnings of Smith County; Frontier Smith County, 1846-1851; The Ante-Bellum Period, 1860-1874; The Railroads and Their Influences, 1870-1900; Post Civil War Politics and Society, 1870-1900; and The Major Industrial Period.
- A History of Tyler and Smith County, Texas
- This book describes the early history of Tyler and Smith Counties, located in Texas, including information about the geography, notable individuals, government, elections, general reminiscences, as well as other relevant information. The index begins on page 161.
- The Texarkana Gateway to Texas and the Southwest
- This text gives an overview of the places and resources in Texas with an emphasis on the locations where the railroads run through the state. Indexes start on page 220.
- [Texas Land Grant]
- Land grant for Ira Ellis signed by the governor of the state of Texas. There is a handwritten note from the clerk of Smith County regarding the grant and where it is recorded in the clerk's office about a year after the grant was issued.
- Tyler & Smith County, Texas: An Historical Survey
- This book gives an overview of the history of Tyler, Texas and Smith County through a series of essays written by community members on various social and historical topics. A List of Illustrations is on page viii and the Table of Contents is on page ix; the index starts on page 279.