Photograph of a historic marker on the Crockett County Courthouse building. It reads: "Crockett County Courthouse, built 1902. Second courthouse for county. American Gothic architecture, planned by Oscar Ruffini, San Angelo. Material is fine stone quarried nearby on Meyer and Couch Properties. Cost $30,000. Early day community social center. Used for cowboy dances, box suppers, Christmas trees, roundup celebrations. In 1909 Arc light was added to steeple to signal sheriff and guide travelers to town. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966."
Photograph of a Crockett Memorial in Ozona, Texas. The memorial says: "Be sure you are right, then go ahead," and flowers have been placed in front of it. There is a plaque in the ground in front of the memorial.
Photograph of a plaque at the foot of the Crockett memorial in Crockett County. It reads: "William Mozart McVey. 1905-1995. A versatile sculptor of people, animals, birds and religious symbols, McVey attended the University of Texas and taught art there and at Rice University. He played football at Rice under the legendary coach John Heisman in 1924. McVey studied and taught at Cranbrook Art Institute, graduated from the Cleveland Art Institute, was a U. S. Air Force Major in World War II and taught plane and ship silhouette recognition to allied forces. Outstanding sculptures include: Winston Churchill, British Embassy, Washington D.C.; the frieze at the base of the San Jacinto Monument, Houston; James Bowie, Texarkana, Texas; bronze doors, University of Texas Memorial Museum, Austin; bronze doors, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, D.C. and sculptured niches, National Cathedral, Washington D.C. This Art Deco style sculpture of David Crockett, hero of the Alamo, was done in 1938."
"Ozona Junior High School. The first permanent school building in Ozona; constructed of native limestone in 1910-12, when Ozona was only 21 years old. The heating and ventilating system, never before used in the state when installed here, is still in operation daily. County school superintendent and judge, C. E. Davidson, was the general foreman of construction. Walter Kyle Oversaw stonework. Building was financed by sale of $75,000 of long-term bonds. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968."
"The Tie that Binds by Judy Black. Honorariums. Placed in the downtown park in December 1996, this heritage appreciation sculpture was sponsored by the Ozona Woman's Forum. The board of directors consisted of representative from each of the civic organizations in Crockett County. Marolyn Bean, Chairman; Shirley Kirby, Co-Chairman; Dan Pullen, Treasurer; Shannon Hunnicutt, Secretary; Barbara Carter, Grants; Jack Baggett, Jr.; Raymond Borrego; Norma Carson; Elizabeth Clark; Beverly Evans; Martha Gries; Len Hillman; Benny Gail Hunnicutt; Camille Jones; Mary Lou Lilly; Barbara Malone; Mary Jo Mason; Dorothy Montgomery; Vicki Stokes; Frank Tambunga"