Photograph of a historic plaque. It reads: "Carnegie Library Building. A Cleburne Public Library was begun in 1901 under the direction of the local women's club. In 1902 members of the organization met with New York industrialist and benefactor Andrew S. Carnegie to secure funds for a building. His gift was matched by local contributions and this structure was completed in 1905. Featuring details of the Beaux Arts and Classical Revival styles and a second floor theater, it housed the library until 1978. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1981."
Photograph of a historic plaque in Cleburne, Texas. It reads: "Site of Old Picnic Grounds. Had wood, water, was used after 1854 start of Camp Henderson (named for land owner-townsite donor) for decisive public meetings. In 1867 Camp Henderson became county seat. Then men at 4th of July picnic here named town "Cleburne", for Civil War Commander of many local veterans. (1966)"