UNT Libraries Special Collections - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Clipping, March 31, 1866]
- A newspaper clipping from the Charles B. Moore Collection. The clipping is a business advertisement for P. Reynaud who was a commission merchant from Houston Texas. Reynaud's advertisement notes that his line of business was in the sale of cotton, hides, and country produce. It also lists a few of his associates.
- [Letter from Mrs. Edgar Smith to Linnet White, July 15, 1914]
- Letter to Linnet White from Mrs. Edgar Smith discussing news of family and friends. She writes of her children and the poor health of her niece as well as plans to see Linnet.
- [Letter from Mrs. Edgar Smith to Mary Moore, July 15, 1914]
- Letter to Mary Moore from Mrs. Edgar Smith discussing her family and health. She writes of her daughter's ringworm and her own concerns of her feet and limbs swelling.
- [Letters from Adelitia McGee to the Moore family and Alice McGee, October 16-17, 1889]
- This is a letter from the Charles B. Moore Collection. It is written by Adelitia "Dinkie" McGee to the Moore family and Alice McGee. In this letter, Dinkie details the goings-on in Gallatin, Tennessee and the news includes: weather updates, a discussion concerning Alice's Grandma McGee who has passed, a dialogue about making molasses from cane, news about the crops that survived and the crops that were ruined from frost, updates on family and friends, and the daily happenings since the Moore family and Alice have left. She closes the letter by Birdie want to see Alice and Linnet very badly but since Bessie has come to visit, she has not been as lonely. Dinkie notes that she would like for the Moore's and Alice to write soon. On the first page, Dinkie writes another letter dated October 17 to the Moore family and Alice. She details her daily schedule and mentions that Birdie will write next time. She writes a note for Alice to write Bettie Wilson and that Mother (Matilda Dodd) will write the Moore family on Sunday. The envelope is included with the letter.
- [Personal notes, undated]
- The following document includes personal notes from the Charles B. Moore Collection. The notes detail a visit to family and friends in Tennessee. The document goes on to discuss the President of Oak Cliff school, a representative from the Houston Post, and agriculture. It mentions that it rained much of the time during a trip to Memphis from Nashville. The document is undated.
- [Postcard addressed to H. S. Moore, August 1, 1893 ]CBM_2083-002-004
- Postcard that was sent to Henry S. Moore on August 1, 1893. The postcard is badly torn which makes it difficult to tell what is being said. It appears the author is writing about having a good time at a crowded event and the weather.