UNT Libraries Special Collections - 20 Matching Results

Search Results

[Normal Building]

Description: Photograph of the Normal Building at North Texas State Normal College in Denton. Constructed in 1891, this was the first building on campus. In 1907, it was demolished. Students can be seen gathered outside in this image.
Date: [1891..1907]

[North Texas Normal College student body May 1895]

Description: Photograph of the May 1895 North Texas Normal College student body. Handwritten notation on the left margin with an arrow pointing to "M.B. Terrill" and a handwritten notation on the right margin with an arrow pointing to "Mrs. M.B. Terrill." There is a handwritten notation on the bottom left hand corner stating "R=Miss Ruby Terrill" followed by partially illegible "Dean of [illegible] U. of T. (1931)." The letter "R" is written on a student in the bottom left hand corner identifying her as Miss Ruby Terrill.
Date: May 1895

[North Texas Normal College student body May 1895]

Description: Photograph of the May 1895 North Texas Normal College student body. Handwritten notation on the left margin with an arrow pointing to "M.B. Terrill" and a handwritten notation on the right margin with an arrow pointing to "Mrs. M.B. Terrill." There is a handwritten notation on the bottom left hand corner stating "R=Miss Ruby Terrill" followed by partially illegible "Dean of [illegible] U. of T. (1931)." The letter "R" is written on a student in the bottom left hand corner identifying her as Miss Ruby Terrill. There is a large white "X" across the photograph.
Date: May 1895

[North Texas Normal College student body May 1895]

Description: Photograph of the May 1895 North Texas Normal College student body. Handwritten notation on the left margin with an arrow pointing to "M.B. Terrill" and a handwritten notation on the right margin with an arrow pointing to "Mrs. M.B. Terrill." There is a handwritten notation on the bottom left hand corner stating "R=Miss Ruby Terrill" followed by partially illegible "Dean of [illegible] U. of T. (1931)." The letter "R" is written on a student in the bottom left hand corner identifying her as Miss Ruby Terrill.
Date: May 1895

[Students and Faculty in front of the Normal Building, ca. 1896-1897]

Description: Photograph of students and faculty of the North Texas Normal College, 1891-98. Men, women, and children are seated and standing and sitting before the front entrance of the Normal Building, some on the steps, and some in the window looking out. The first and second men seated at far left are tentatively identified as (1) Jesse A. Sanders, Treasurer, and instructor of mathematics and bookkeeping, and (2) Menter B. Terrill, President, and instructor of Pedagogy, Psychology, Ethics and Logic. Photographic print mounted on card backing. Handwritten notation at lower right of mount: "The School Group about May 1897 or '98". Reverse of mount with offset image from another photograph, and handwritten note "Class 1897 or 1898". The Normal Building was constructed in 1891 as the first permanent building on the NT campus, and served until 1907 when it was struck by lightning and burned.
Date: 1897/1898
Location Info:

[Students and faculty, Spring 1896, North Texas Normal College]

Description: Photograph of students, faculty, and others posed along the south side of the Normal Building, North Texas Normal College, Spring 1896. The 69 men and women are seated or standing outside, while 11(?) are hanging out of or looking out of windows in the background. Photographic print mounted on card backing. Handwritten notes on reverse: "Mrs. Will M. Smith Frisco Tex. Spring of 1896", "312" and "Class 1896". The group is posed against the Normal Building, constructed in 1891 as the first permanent building on the NT campus. It stood until being struck by lightning in 1907, when it burned to the ground.
Date: Spring 1896
Location Info:

[Students standing on the steps of the Normal Building]

Description: Photograph of students posing on the steps of the Normal Building. Built in 1891, the Normal Building was the first building built on the North Texas Normal College campus, on what is now the corner of Oak and Avenue B. In 1907, the building was struck by lightning and destroyed. The photograph shows the front entrance stairs of the building, with two women and a man seated on the ground in front, and a group of 46 men and women standing on the stairs. Photograph taken between 1891 and 1907.
Date: 1891/1907
Location Info: