UNT Libraries Special Collections - 46 Matching Results

Search Results

[Administration Building at North Texas State Teachers College]

Description: Photograph of the Administration Building, in center background, at North Texas State Teachers College. This photograph was taken from a paved street. The Historical Building is visible in the left foreground, and the Science Building is in the right foreground. A walkway, with open white gates, leads between the Historical Building and Science Building to the Administration Building. The walkway is lined with trees and shrubbery. Part of an automobile is also visible in the left foreground parked at the curb. Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph read, "admin. bldg. before 1935" and "Campus Inner, Historical Bldg. [L], Auditorium (Admin before '35) Bldg. [Center], Science Bldg. [R]."
Date: [1923..1935]
Location Info:

[Audience in Auditorium, Administration Building, ca. 1926]

Description: Photograph of a large audience seated in the Auditorium, Administration Building, ca. 1926. Seen from the stage, the people in the very front sit on folding chairs while the crowd fills the main floor and balcony area. Photograph is a photograph of a photograph. Constructed in 1923-24, the Administration Building was renamed the Auditorium Building in 1957 after the construction of what is now called the Hurley Administration Building.
Date: 1926~
Location Info:

[Audience in Auditorium, Administration Building, ca. 1926]

Description: Photograph of a large audience seated in the Auditorium, Administration Building, ca. 1926. Seen from the stage, the people in the very front sit on folding chairs while the crowd fills the main floor and balcony area. Photograph is a photograph of a photograph. Constructed in 1923-24, the Administration Building was renamed the Auditorium Building in 1957 after the construction of what is now called the Hurley Administration Building.
Date: 1926~
Location Info:

[Audience in Auditorium, Administration Building, ca. 1926]

Description: Photograph of a large audience seated in the Auditorium, Administration Building, ca. 1926. Seen from the stage, the people in the very front sit on folding chairs while the crowd fills the main floor and balcony area. Photograph is a photograph of a photograph. Constructed in 1923-24, the Administration Building was renamed the Auditorium Building in 1957 after the construction of what is now called the Hurley Administration Building.
Date: 1926~
Location Info:

[Historical Building and Science Building at North Texas State Normal College]

Description: Photograph, facing southwest, of the Historical Building (in center background) and Science Building (on right) at North Texas State Normal College. In the right of the photograph, a man and woman are looking at a book and sitting on a bench next to the ground floor windows of the Science Building, while another man can be seen leaning out of the first floor window above the man and woman on the bench. In the left of the photograph, several trees, a fence, and a gate can be seen lining one of the campus walkways. The number "53" is written in bold ink in the bottom right corner of the photograph. On the back of the photograph, a handwritten note reads, "Campus, inner, 1922".
Date: 1922
Location Info:

[Main Building and Science Building]

Description: Photograph of the Main Building (Old Main) and the Science Building prior to the Main Building's demolition. The Main Building was constructed in 1904, the second permanent structure on North Texas Campus. It housed an auditorium that seated 1,200, library, administrative offices, and classrooms. Sometimes referred to as the Old Main building, the structure was demolished in 1923 to make way for the new Administration Building, which is now the Auditorium Building.The Science Building was built in 1910 and demolished in 1967 to make way for the Language Building.
Date: 1923
Location Info:

[Main Building Being Torn Down]

Description: Photograph of the Main Building (Old Main) and the Science Building prior to the Main Building's demolition. The Main Building was constructed in 1904, the second permanent structure on North Texas Campus. It housed an auditorium that seated 1,200, library, administrative offices, and classrooms. Sometimes referred to as the Old Main building, the structure was demolished in 1923 to make way for the new Administration Building, which is now the Auditorium Building.The Science Building was built in 1910 and demolished in 1967 to make way for the Language Building.
Date: 1923
Creator: Johnson, Echvard
Location Info:

[Main Building (Old Main) before demolition]

Description: Photograph of the Main Building (Old Main) being torn down. The Main Building was constructed in 1904, the second permanent structure on North Texas Campus. It housed an auditorium that seated 1,200, library, administrative offices, and classrooms. Sometimes referred to as the Old Main building, the structure was demolished in 1923 to make way for the new Administration Building, which is now the Auditorium Building.
Date: 1923
Location Info:

[Men's Gym]

Description: Photograph of the interior of the Men's Gymnasium on the North Texas campus in Denton. Lumber lies in piles on the court, and two men can be seen working against the far wall. The text "B B - 5014 - C" is written in the bottom left of the image.
Date: [1922..1953]

[Men's Gymnasium]

Description: Photograph of the Men's Gymnasium. The image shows the building's exterior, which includes a large sign that reads "MENS GYMNASIUM," and two floors with large windows. This building became known as the Men's Gym in 1922. Prior to this date, it was The Model Training School and Laboratory School. The building was demolished in 1953.
Date: [1922..1953]

[Men's Gymnasium]

Description: Photograph of the Men's Gymnasium on the North Texas campus. A man can be seen outside the building, and several cars are parked on the curb. This building became known as the Men's Gym in 1922. Prior to this date, it was The Model Training School and Laboratory School. The building was demolished in 1953. The text "B B - 5014 - A" is written on the bottom left of the image.
Date: [1922..1953]