UNT Libraries Government Documents Department - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Boot and Shoe Indicator.
- Patent for a new and improved boot and shoe display. This design "is to provide an indicator for the use of retail dealers in boots and shoes, or other merchandise and wares, by which apparatus the stock can be kept with great accuracy and facility. To that end . . . an indicating-plate with slides [is included], which is to be attached upon the boxes, shelves, drawers, or other receptacles for the goods, as an indicator for showing what goods are contained in the receptacle" (lines 8-17).
- Cotton Press
- Patent for an improved cotton press that construct a cotton-press in which the cotton will be compressed by a continuous operation as it is received from the cotton-gin (line 21-24), the device “consists of two series of rollers arranged in a circle” (line 26).
- Foot for Plow-Stocks.
- Patent for improvements in plows by using the combination of “two forwardly-curved bars which clamped to a plow-beam, and the heel having its forward end rigidly secured between the lower ends of the bars and its rear portion bent upwardly and forwardly and secured between the bars.” (Lines 94-100) Illustration is included.
- Nut Lock.
- Patent for a new improvements in the construction of the nut lock. Patent for "a new and improved version of the nut-lock and combination of latch or locking device in order to lock the nut to the bolt." (lines 8-27) including instructions and illustrations. Patent for a new nut-lock and latch, including illustrations.
- Riveting Machine.
- Patent for a new and improved riveting-machine. This design consists "of the upright frame having the cross-head in the upper front part thereof, the vertical driving rods . . . adapted to move in said cross-head, the upright with perforated top and spring-actuated sleeve attached to the frame below the rod, the separable rivet-holder attached to said rod by the arms, the frame, and the sleeve . . . the upright with solid top attached to the frame below the rod, and means, as pivoted levers . . . at the top of the machine, connecting-rods . . . and treadle-levers . . . for actuating the driving-rods" (lines 60-74).
- Patent for a swingletree. Illustrations included.