University of Texas at Arlington Library - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- L'Amérique : dressée pour l'étude de la géographie
- This map shows the western hemisphere including North and South America and the surrounding areas. The continents and different countries are outlined in red and shaded in various colors. Some major cities, bodies of water, and geographic features are marked (with relief shown pictorially). There are illustrations of ships in the oceans and of various objects around the title in the lower left corner. There are columns of text to the left and right of the map including information regarding "Suite, sur les Peuples de l'Afrique," "Analyse: De la Carte générale de l'Amérique," and "Note historique." The number '48' is in the upper corner of the left column of text.
- L'Amérique : dressée pour l'étude de la géographie.
- Map shows country boundaries and cities in North and South America. Relief shown pictorially. No scale noted.
- Amérique ou Indes Occidentales avec les nouvelles découvertes du Capite. Cook, depuis le Détroit de Behrings ou du Nord, dans l'Océan Pacifique du Nord et Sud.
- Map shows political divisions for South America, eastern and southern portions of North America; major settlements, areas of Indian habitation. Includes informative notes and text which discuss mention the discoveries of Captain James Cook. Map extends beyond sheet size to show Cerque Polaire Arctique [Alaska]. Relief shown pictorially. Scale not given.
- Amerique septentrionale divisée en ses principales parties, MDCCXCII.
- Map shows "Isle de Californie" however dividing sea appears to be oblilterated by engraver and coloration; political divisions, major cities, and notable physical features for northeastern, eastern, southern, and southwestern portions of North America, Central America, and the West Indies. Relief shown pictorially. Scale [ca. 1:18,500,000].
- Mappe-monde divisée en ses quatre parties.
- Map shows six continents and political boundaries. Shows Australia as "N[ouvel]le Holland," and [French] "Louisiane" [territory in North America]. Includes five hemispheric circles explaining gridlines on map. Prime meridian: Paris. Scale not given.
- Mappemonde à l'usage de l'instr[ucti]on.
- Map shows late eighteenth century geographical outlines, political boundaries, and major cities in six continents including "Nouvelle Hollande" [Australia], sea routes traveled by Captain James Cook, and areas of indigenous populations. Includes text: "Avertissement: On a ajouté à cette mappemonde les nouvelles découvertes faites par le Capitaine Cook dans ses trois differens voyages ...Avec Privilège d'Auteur Année 1792." Relief shown pictorially. Scale not given.
- Nouvelle Espagne, Nouveau Méxique, Isles Antilles
- This map shows southern North and Central America and the surrounding area. Different regions are outlined and shaded in color, including Mexican states and Central American countries which are outlined in green. Bodies of water and geographic features are marked (with relief shown by hachures). An inset in the upper right corner is titled, "Isles Açores ou Tercères."
- Nouvelle Espagne, Nouveau Méxique, Isles Antilles.
- This map shows southern North and Central America and the surrounding area. Different regions are outlined and shaded in color, including Mexican states and Central American countries outlined in green. Bodies of water and geographic features are marked. Inset: "Isles Açores ou Tercères." Relief shown by hachures. Scale not noted.