A large group of students pose for a picture outside of a stone school building in Stephenville, Texas. Information from article attached: During the 1880's this was the only public school in Stephenville and taught all grade levels. The building was torn down in 1906 and replaced by Stephenville Junior High School.
Photograph of people aboard decorated horse-drawn carriages riding through a city street during a Fourth of July Parade in Stephenville, Texas, ca. 1890. Crowds of people stand on the sidewalk in front of businesses watching the carriages go by.
Photograph of a typical West Texas frontier hotel in the Purvis, Texas. It was operated by Mrs. M. M. Stephen. A porch surrounds the front and sides of the building. A small outbuilding stands next to the hotel.
Map shows property boundaries, landowners, roads, towns, railroads, and oil well activity for central portion of Erath County roughly bounded by towns of Stephenville, Alexander, Clariette, and Dufeau [Duffau]; one tract outlined in red. Scale not given.