University of Texas at Arlington Library - Browse


[Lone Star School]

Description: Photograph of several men, women, and children standing in front of the Lone Star School. There are two horse drawn carriages visible in the photograph. Typed on the back of the photograph is, "The Lone Star school, located midway between the towns of Claude and Panhandle, is reputed to have been the first established on the 'high plains' of Texas. This picture was made in 1894. Miss Cappie Potts was teacher. (Star-Telegram Feature story on this school published Sunday, April 5, 1936)."
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph

Armstrong County.

Description: Map shows land patents, block and tract numbers, landowners, towns, and railroads; portions of adjacent counties where property boundaries extend beyond county limits. Scale not given.
Date: 1904
Creator: [Texas] General Land Office
Item Type: Map