Description: Photograph of the Tarrant County Courthouse and public square. The courthouse is in the center of the photograph and surrounding the building are many men in jackets and cowboy hats with wagons pulled by horses. In the foreground is a wagon topped with haystacks and men standing on top of it. In the background are several buildings and a stack of lumber. A piece of paper at the bottom of the photograph reads, "The Public Square and Court House in 1879. To the East can be seen the Old Masonic Hall with belfry and opposite (south) the old jail."