Photograph of several men, women, and children standing in front of the Lone Star School. There are two horse drawn carriages visible in the photograph. Typed on the back of the photograph is, "The Lone Star school, located midway between the towns of Claude and Panhandle, is reputed to have been the first established on the 'high plains' of Texas. This picture was made in 1894. Miss Cappie Potts was teacher. (Star-Telegram Feature story on this school published Sunday, April 5, 1936)."