University of Texas at Arlington Library - Browse
Showing: 1 - 24 of 456 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Photograph of the Matador Ranch Headquarters in 1901. The man on the platform who is fishing is Johnnie McBain, the ranch bookkeeper at that time. Standing next to McBain is Mrs. B.F. Harper and the other girl is Esther Cammack.
Description: Photograph of a roundup on Bar CC Rance in 1886, near the old ranch headquarters on Wolf Creek. Jas McKenzie the ranch manager, is in the center on the bobtailed horse and Ed Brainard, the range boss, is the furthest man on the right.
Description: Photograph of a big round-up held on the Bar O-T-O Ranch in Dawson County in 1898. The ranch consisted of about 200,000 acres and extended to within six miles of present day Lamesa. About 12,000 cattle were in the herd when this picture was taken. In the picture L-R: Gip Akins, Charlie Nivvins of El Paso, Eldridge Ingle of Ensby, Alabama, Paul Dalmont of Lamesa, V.P. Baker of Lamesa, Eulis Dalmont of Lamesa, Harry Morgan of Lamesa (12 mi. north), Bill Oden and other unnamed cowpunchers.
Description: Photograph of a group of men all wearing tuxedos for the Walter Want and Maude Watkins wedding on July 2, 1892. Front row L-R: Horace Luckett (Portland, Oregon), Al Jordon, Harry Robertson. Back row L-R: Sam Turis, Dr. Ike Mayfield (best dentist), Jim Reed.
Date: July 2, 1892
Description: Photograph of the Texas and Pacific Terminal at Main and Front Streets in Fort Worth, Texas taken from a postcard. It opened on Dec 16, 1889. The red brick building with a fountain in a foreground was designed by architect O.H. Lang. It served Fort Worth until 1931, when a new larger terminal opened.
Item Type: Postcard
Description: Photograph of the residence of Dr. J.W. Torbett. There is a vehicle parked on the side of the home. There are young trees planted in front of the home. The Torbett Sanatorium in Marlin was named after the Torbett family.