University of Texas at Arlington Library - Browse
Showing: 31 - 54 of 5,777 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Photograph from 1890 of the section foremen on the Texas and Pacific Railway that ran between Sherman and Fort Worth. Standing L-R: William Ballew who had the Pilot Point section, T. Flynn who had the Collinsville north section, Joe Boston who had the Denton section. Seated L-R: B. Price who had the Tioga section, J. Wiggs who had the Collinsville south section, and John McLamore who had the Aubrey section.
Description: Photograph of eleven cowboys on the Bar S Ranch located in the west Texas counties of Reagan and Irion. The men appear to be horsing around after work, giving one man a "chapping." The cowboy on his stomach is restrained while the man on the far right prepares to strike him with the leather chaps laying over his shoulder.
Description: Weekly newspaper issued by the men of Davis Hall at the North Texas Agricultural College in Arlington, Texas. It includes articles written by residents, announcements, gossip, and birthdays.
Date: April 22, 1942
Creator: Ford, Frank
Item Type: Journal/Magazine/Newsletter
Description: Photograph of cowboys having dinner on a ranch in Coke County. The lid for a skillet in the foreground was used for baking bread. On the lid of the chuck box, lowered to serve as a cook table, can be seen an old time coffee grinder and leg of roasted beef. An oil lantern hangs on the bow above the chuck box and the harness is hanging over the front wheel. The men are, L-R: Henry Russell, unknown, Jack Montath, Ned Richards, Jake Stubblefield, and John Dodd.
Description: Photograph of an old wood-burning locomotive, the "John Krauss" of the Texas and St. Louis Railway, also known as the Cotton Belt Route. This engine pulled the first train on the Tyler Tap Railroad.