Val Verde County Historical Commission - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Wolff House - 806 Pecan Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story wood building faced along lower level with old brick recovered from a grist mill built by Mr. Wolff about 1886. Owned by Jack Hill in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Tom Pafford Home - 709 Pecan Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe building covered by wood paneling built by Tom Pafford around 1868. Pafford was one of the five men who began the San Felipe Agricultural Manufacturing Irrigation Company.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Tagliabue Store - 609 Pecan Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Tagliabue Home - 609 Pecan Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Old Val Verde County Jail - a - 209 Losoya]

Description: Photograph of a stone two story building with an entrance door on either side of the building; the front door has an awning and small white fence bordering the front walkway and built-in planters on either side of the stairs.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

[Old Val Verde County Jail - b - 209 Losoya]

Description: Photograph of a rock two story building with two entrances on either side of the building and a recessed back portion of the building with two sets of windows on the second story and one small window on the first story. A large tree with a trunk painted white is on either corner of the building, and some orange construction barricades are placed along the recessed building section. A stop sign on the opposite street corner is visible in the foreground.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info:

[John Doak Home - 313 Pecan Street]

Description: Photograph of a two story wood sided building with a wrap around covered porch supported by columns with gingerbread trim. Trees rise from behind the building, and the grass lawn has a sand / dirt spot between the porch and sidewalk.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Yates Hotel - 204 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Yates and Eagle Pass Lumber Company about 1900 as Yates Hotel. Reportedly used by Dr. John R. Brinkley for hospital patients. In 1976 is Schubert Hotel owned by Dick Schubert.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Patton Home - Greenwood Street]

Description: Photograph of an adobe one story building with brick chimney, covered porch completely filled with plants, and white fabric on the red roof. A wooden rail fence structure separates the overgrown yard (including a palm tree trunk) from the dirt / gravel area along the street.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Orr House - 401 East Greenwood Street]

Description: Photograph of a two story building with covered front porch with decorative trim, banister and street numbers, chimney, and a double decker porch / balcony along the side of the house. Vines are growing up the corner of the house and porch banister. Trees surround the sides of the house, and the front yard is mostly out of frame.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Brown Home - Losoya]

Description: Photograph of a one story adobe home, built around 1900, with blue roof, two chimneys, and vines growing down from the eaves; view is from across the street.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Tardy Home - 703 Losoya Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built about 1880 for H. C. Tardy who moved back to Sabinal in 1885 after selling the home to Ben Borroum. 1976 owner is Jerrell Edmison.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Fawcett Home - a - 416 Spring Street]

Description: Photograph of a stucco, two story building, built between 1883-1900, with a short set of brick stairs leading up to a front porch with arched openings built flush with a second floor extension. A partial one story building is visible behind trees, bushes, and two benches to the right of the building.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Fawcett Home - b - 416 Spring Street]

Description: Photograph of the side of a two story stucco building with a short stairwell to a side entrance, and the back of the building is one story. A partial view of the covered front porch with arched openings extends to the half walled garden area. A one story building is visible past the bushes and benches behind the main building.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Ellis Home - Spring Street]

Description: Photograph of a three story building, built in the early 1900s, with a covered front porch supported by double sets of columns on the corner of two streets. Two trees and a sign are in the yard; a stop sign is located on the corner by the sidewalks.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Wood Home - 418 Garfield]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built between 1886-1890; home to John Wood and later Mr. Almond who served as sheriff and tax collector of Val Verde County.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Grady-Lowrey Home - 201 Texas Street]

Description: Photograph of a house with wood panel siding, two sets of stairs leading up to a wrap around front porch supported by columns, lattice work under the porch, and air conditioners in two of the windows. A large tree is center frame in the grass lawn; a sidewalk and street are in the foreground.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph
Location Info: