Val Verde County Historical Commission - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Old Federal Building - Corner of Main and Broadway]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by the United States government in 1915-16, this Italian Renaissance structure originally housed the Post Office as well as the Federal Court system; c. 1995 it became the Val Verde County Judicial Center.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Charles Miller home - 112 West Martin Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Charles Miller came to Del Rio with the Southern Pacific Railroad as a painter, built one of the first hotels in town, and served as Justice of the Peace; house built by John Taini.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph