Val Verde County Historical Commission - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Walton Building - a - 432 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Appears this building is attached to Tom Payne Building and reportedly built as a store in 1922; operated as a store by owner Gordon Walton in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Wolff House - 806 Pecan Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story wood building faced along lower level with old brick recovered from a grist mill built by Mr. Wolff about 1886. Owned by Jack Hill in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Wood Home - 418 Garfield]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built between 1886-1890; home to John Wood and later Mr. Almond who served as sheriff and tax collector of Val Verde County.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Yates Hotel - 204 South Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Yates and Eagle Pass Lumber Company about 1900 as Yates Hotel. Reportedly used by Dr. John R. Brinkley for hospital patients. In 1976 is Schubert Hotel owned by Dick Schubert.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph