Val Verde County Historical Commission - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Hardin Home - 506 Losoya]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster. Remodeled. Owned by C. B. Bushager in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[John Doak Home - 313 Pecan Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by John Taini in 1906 as a home for rancher John Doak. One story cut rock with gingerbread trim and rock pillows of solid pieces of stone. In 1976 it is Arturo Gonzalez' law office; he is still there in 2008.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[John Owen Glen Home - Gibbs Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly, Mr. Glen was a sutler at Camp Del Rio. When Camp closed, he used lumber from the old buildings to build this home, carrying the lumber in a wheelbarrow and on his shoulders. Owned by Mr. Glen, a descendant, in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Julius Franki Home - a - 500 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Julius Franki Home - b - 500 Hudson Drive]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Louis Brauer Home - a - 306 Nicholson]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe construction with plaster exterior. (See b photo) Built by Dr. Jackson in 1885. Mr. Brauer was one of the first surveyors in Del Rio in 1881.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Louis Brauer Home - b - 306 Nicholson]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe construction with plaster exterior. Built by Dr. Jackson in 1885. Mr. Brauer was one of the first surveyors in Del Rio in 1881.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Luke Dowe House - 303 Garfield]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian home built in early 1900s; used as a rental house in 1976 owned by Mrs. Henry Horn; owned by Adrian Falcon in 2008 and operated as an art gallery and beauty salon. Recorded Texas Historical Landmark
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph

[Marcy Martin - Main Street]

Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a grocery store; served as "western" store at time of photo.
Date: 1976
Item Type: Photograph