The Williamson Museum - Browse
Showing: 1 - 24 of 253 Results.
Results as a List of Thumbnails and Descriptive Information Results as a Grid of Images Print This Result Page Keep up to Date with an RSS feed of results matching your query.
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
Description: Photograph of elderly Annie and John Sharpe standing together in a room decorated with plant life. Annie wears a dark dress and a brooch. John wears a pinstripe suit and holds a cigar. A window with a lace curtain appears at the back of the wall. A chest of drawers stands behind the pair.
Description: Photograph of Annie Sharpe and Elizabeth Brown standing together in a garden in Mrs. Sharpe's yard. Sharpe wears a dark dress with a feather pattern, while Brown wears a hat and a dark dress with polka dots. The reverse side of the photo has a handwritten note indicating that Mrs. Brown is Mrs. Sharpe's mother-in-law.
Date: June 1938
Description: This is a black and white photograph of Lum C. Toungate's Arco Service Station located at 409 West Taylor, IH 35 and Highway 79 in Round Rock, Texas. Mr. Toungate stands on the drive with his three sons, Larry, Craig, and Jimmy. "Atlantic Richfield" is visible above the garage.
Description: Biographical summary of Manuel Orgain, a "Negro cowman" who drove freight wagons and herded cattle and livestock through several trails across Texas, and to other states. It recounts several specific events, including a story about the 1869 flood on the San Gabriel River, and other storms.
Item Type: Paper
Description: Black and white photograph of the blacksmith and wheelwright shop located in the 100 block of Lampasas Street in Round Rock, Texas. "R. TATSCH" is printed on the wooden building. There are several bearded men pictured and several houses in front of the building.
Description: black and white photograph of Brushy Creek and the round rock in the creek, for which the town of Round Rock was named; photograph was taken before the creek washed away both bridges shown in the image, one of which was a railroad bridge; the picture is taken from the dam, east of the round rock; there is an unidentified person standing on the round rock; view is looking east down Brushy Creek
Creator: Henington Publishing Co.
Description: Photograph of Brushy Creek and the round rock in the creek, for which the town of Round Rock was named; photograph was taken before the creek washed away both bridges shown in the image, one of which was a railroad bridge; the picture is taken from the dam, east of the round rock; there is an unidentified person standing on the round rock; view is looking east down Brushy Creek.
Description: Photograph of a group of men and horses in front of Buckner and Pennington Livery and Feed Stable in Round Rock around 1915; Bud Parks is on a horse; the other men are Dewey Long, Marshall Ferrell, Claude Buckner, Sr., and Dud Pennington; the stable was located on the 100 block of West Main Street
Description: Photograph of an early cheese factory in Round Rock.
Description: Photograph of store fronts in old Round Rock on Bagdad Street. A horse and buggy is on the left side of the photo. The business on the right has signs for "STAR / TOBACCO," "HARNESS and SHOES / REPAIRED HERE," and "RESTAURANT." There is a "Coca Cola" repeating sign on the underside of the store porch. To the left is a poster for "HARVEST / JUBILEE" attached to the side of a store.
Description: Black and white image of a mult-storied stone building facade with a porch and corrugated metal roof on the ground floor. The porch is in deep shadow but at least one figure can be seen, standing behind and to the left of a parked automobile. A water tower stands to the right rear of the building and a wagon wheel appears in the left foreground.