Partners - B
The Bandera Public Library serves Bandera County, providing library services to a population of just over 20,000. Situated in the county seat of Bandera, the library maintains membership as a Lone Star Digital Library to support digital downloads of reading materials for its patrons. The Bandera Public Library received a 2014 Tocker Foundation grant to digitize its community newspaper, the Bandera Bulletin, on The Portal to Texas History.Joined: November 2015.
Bartlett Activities Center and the Historical Society presents their local newspaper, The Bartlett Tribune, dating from 1902 to 1982. Bartlett, Texas is located on the border between Williamson and Bell counties. The town was founded when the Katy Railroad started their survey in 1881 and soon after became a major shipping point for cotton. By 1890 it was a thriving town and had two weekly newspapers.Joined: February 2011.
The Bastrop Public Library presents their local newspaper, the Bastrop Advertiser for the years 1854-1954. Bastrop is located 30 miles southwest of downtown Austin. Funding was provided by the Tocker Foundation for the digitization of the newspaper.Joined: February 2012.
Bell Whittington Public Library presents a collection of photographs from San Patricio and Nueces Counties, including images of the 1919 hurricane, portraits of early residents of the county, hunting photos and President Taft's visit to a local ranch in 1909.Joined: July 2010.
Through a collaboration between the Bellaire Historical Society and the Friends of the Bellaire Library, the Bellaire Area Newspaper collection has been made available on The Portal to Texas History. It is the purpose of the Bellaire Historical Society to preserve, maintain, restore and display designated historical landmarks, natural beauty, documents, artifacts, records of persons active in the history of the City of Bellaire and any other objects distinctive of this history.Joined: April 2014.
The Beth-El Congregation Archives collection includes photographs of confirmation classes dating from 1905 to the present, as well as social events from their community. The collection also includes handwritten notes from the first and second organizing meetings of Beth-El Congregation in 1902.Joined: March 2009.
The Bosque County Historical Commission contributes local history materials for the Rescuing Texas History project. Images include photos of early businesses and citizens, maps, and documents from Texas land agent and colonizer, Jacob De Cordova.Joined: May 2009.
The Bowie Public Library has existed since around 1920, started by the Thursday Club. The Thursday Club continued fund raising and volunteering into the 1960’s. By 1966, the first library board was organized and efforts to become state-accredited started.Joined: November 2015.
The National Scouting Museum features all its existing issues of Scouting magazine dating back to 1913. The magazine is written for Boy Scout leaders, officials, and others interested in the work of the Scouts. It includes articles about events and activities, updates from the national headquarters, topical columns and essays, and news from various chapters nationwide.Joined: December 2012.
The Boyce Ditto Public Library materials include local history from the A. F. Weaver Collection featuring resort souvenir guides and photos of Mineral Wells from its founding to the present. There is extensive coverage of the Hexagon House, the Baker Hotel, Camp/Fort Wolters and the many mineral wells that made the city a major resort in the first half of the 20th Century.Joined: May 2009.
The Breckenridge Library presents a number of historical newspapers including the Breckenridge Daily American (1922-1940), Breckenridge Weekly Democrat (1926-1933), the Stephens County Sun (1933-1940), and the junior and senior high school newspaper published by the journalism students, The Dynamo (1932-1939).Joined: January 2010.
The mission of the Brown County Museum of History is to preserve and protect the history of this region. Run by a volunteer board, it operates under the oversight of a state-mandated county Historical Commission.
By keeping the history of this area alive it tells its part of the American story – representing the history of the first Native American inhabitants, early pioneers, World War II and the 20th Century. Begun in 1982, the Museum has served as the main historical entity for preserving the county’s history.Joined: August 2015.
The Burleson Public Library opened its doors on January 17, 1971 in the historic Renfro-Clark House in Burleson. The home was purchased by a citizens group that had incorporated as Burleson Library, Inc. and the city agreed to be responsible for all library-related expenses while the corporation was responsible for refurbishing and maintenance of the historic property.Joined: July 2016.