Electra Public Library

The Electra Public Library was founded in 1925 in a small building on the grounds of the First Ward School. With donations of books and some money from the City and local citizenry, the library opened with 5,000 books and great hopes. In 1932 plans were made to build a rock building on lots donated by A. L. Robb, but the Great Depression stopped the plans, and the library closed for several months in 1933. The Library moved into its current location in 1967, after being in several other locations and seeing many ups and downs. In 1997, Dink Robb, a local philanthropist, funded the expansion of the Library with a new Children's section, along with an endowment that continues to help fund library operations. Throughout its history, the Library has worked with the City of Electra, the Electra Public Library Board, and the Friends of the Electra Public Library to fund the Library and work to keep the programs and materials current and of interest to the public.

Contact

Stacy Nelson, Director

940-495-2208

stacy.nelson@cityofelectra.com

Address

401 N. Waggoner Street
Electra, Texas 76360



At a Glance