Explore 20 Partners - F Matching
Located just south of the exact point that marks the geographic center of the state, Brady is certainly the "True Heart of Texas”. F.M. (Buck) Richards Memorial Library has served McCulloch County’s families for many years.Joined: January 2018.
The Fairfield Library first opened its doors August 2, 1954, in a small brick house on the Courthouse square with just 224 books. In 1957, the library moved to the rear of the History Club clubhouse with hours from 4:00-5:30 Thursday afternoon. Through generous efforts from many families in the community and a donation of the Moody Grant Foundation, the Fairfield Library became a place where families could spend time together reading and enjoying the abundant resources.Joined: August 2018.
The Fannin County Historical Commission promotes the preservation of the history and administers the Texas Historical Commission's historical marker program for Fannin County. Through its website and physical files, the commission makes available to the public a wide range of historical information.Joined: October 2015.
In 1938, the City of La Grange purchased a 1,500 hundred volume private library housed in the historic Stiehl home. By the mid 1970’s the “little old library” held a collection of nearly 10,000 items and could hold no more. Construction of a new library, museum, and archives complex began in 1976 as a community project during the American Bicentennial. The new facility was dedicated in April 1978.Joined: February 2018.
Located in the Beaumont Fire Department's 1927 Central Fire Station, the museum opened in 1984 and became the official state fire museum in 1986. Today it provides access to fire service history and education for people across the state of Texas. This nonprofit organization is operated by Beaumont Fire-Rescue Services.Joined: December 2013.
First Christian Church is a congregation that finds its life in forming Christ-centered relationships. We are affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), The Christian Church in the Southwest, and the Trinity Brazos Area. We are in a covenantal relationship with each as we enhance the respective ministries of one another. We work with our denominational affiliates to minister more effectively to those who are in need in our area and around the world. Outside of our denomination, we partner with Arlington Life Shelter, Mission Arlington, and Arlington Charities to meet the needs of people right here in Arlington. We also foster relationships with Arlington Clergy and Police Partnership (ACAPP), Arlington Ministries Association, and the Attending Clergy Association to serve our police and community in creative ways.Joined: August 2018.
The church, which is part of the Disciples of Christ, has been in Port Arthur since 1904. In addition to the important role they play in their community, the church is known for famous musician Janis Joplin, who sang with the youth choir in the early 1950s. They received a Rescuing Texas History grant in 2007 to aid in digitization.Joined: May 2009.
The Libraries serves the Fort Bend community as a resource center, with the Richmond-based George Memorial Library as the main campus. Materials include the history of the South, federal censuses, the Civil War, genealogy, and more.Joined: June 2015.
Since 1967, the Museum has preserved and interpreted state and county history. It provides a glimpse into life on the Brazos River through exhibit galleries, home museums, and a walking tour of historic Richmond. Among the Museum's materials are photos of prohibitionist Carrie A. Nation and "Mother of Texas" Janne Long.Joined: May 2009.
The Fort Worth Aviation Museum (formerly the Veterans Memorial Air Park) is a group of organizations dedicated to the history of aviation in Fort Worth, the North Texas region, and around the world. The FWAM includes the B-36 Peacemaker Museum, the Forward Air Controller’s Museum.Joined: November 2015.
Originally housed in classrooms at De Zavala Elementary School in Fort Worth, the Museum has grown considerably since its official opening in 1945. The purpose of the museum has always been to provide engaging programs and exhibits to promote learning in science and the history of Texas and the Southwest.Joined: February 2016.
Located in the heart of Fort Worth, the Library provides access to millions of books and other resources. In addition to traditional library services, they host events, workshops, training, and passport acceptance. They received a grant for "Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures" for their role in preserving city history.Joined: May 2009.
Built in 1841, the French Legation Museum is the oldest existing home in Austin. It began as the private home of Alphonse Dubois, the French chargé d'affaires and changed hands twice before it fell under the custody of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, who maintain and provide access to the museum today.Joined: October 2009.
The Library has served Hallettsville and the surrounding areas as part of the South Texas Library System since 1937. The photograph collection at the Friench Simpson Memorial Library is the largest and most complete collection of historic photographs of Lavaca County.Joined: February 2011.
With a focus on literacy and intellectual freedom, the Frisco Public Library first came to fruition in 1991 in a small building staffed solely by volunteers. Today, the Library has grown into a well-funded, innovative institution located in the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center, but still maintains the same mission of educating and inspiring patrons.Joined: September 2016.
Frontier Texas is a history museum, heritage center, and visitor information center located in downtown Abilene. It allows visitors to relive the Old West through of state-of-the-art technology and brings the frontier to life to let visitors meet people who played out their lives on the Texas frontier.Joined: May 2015.