Explore 13 Partners - N Matching
The Brenham Public Library was founded in 1901. Later renamed the Nancy Carol Roberts Memorial Library, the facilities have undergone multiple expansions--culminating in a new building in 2016. The library is an essential component of this community with a long history of service that reflects its value as a community builder, a community center for diverse populations, and a champion of youth.Joined: August 2019.
Founded in 1955, the Museum collects, preserves, and exhibits artifacts with the hope of providing a better understanding of the American West. They provide a handwritten ledger containing a list of registered brands in Texas and surrounding states that includes earmarks, branding symbols, holders' names, and addresses.Joined: July 2012.
Established in 1967, the Museum honors the 8 million Americans who served in WWII in the Pacific Theater by sharing their stories with the world. Located in Fredericksburg in the restored Nimitz "Steamboat" Hotel, the Museum partners with the Texas Historical Commission to preserve the historical resources of the era.Joined: March 2012.
The Library serves the residents of Clifton and greater Bosque County, providing them with access to educational and technological materials. The Library partnered with the Cleng Peerson Research Library of the Bosque Museum to secure digitization for select materials.Joined: September 2016.
The Library is the municipal library of Columbus. It was named after Lee Quinn Nesbitt, who financed the building's construction. Materials focus Colorado County history from the 1800s to the late 1900s, including early Texas settlers, Civil War letters, Reconstruction, world war veterans and other events in the county's development.Joined: February 2012.
Situated in the easternmost county in Texas, the Newton County Historical Commission preserves genealogical and historical information for people who have ties to the county. The Commission received a Rescuing Texas History grant to digitize select materials.Joined: November 2015.
The Nicholas P. Sims Library and Lyceum was constructed during 1903-04 after local farmer and investor Nicholas P. Sims left the bulk of his estate to the people of Waxahachie and Ellis County to establish a library. Today, the Library remains in its original location and realizes its original founder's wishes.Joined: August 2010.
Founded in 1957 as the Collin County Historical Commission, the North Texas History Center gives residents from within McKinney and beyond the chance to dive into the past. They collect, display, and catalog historical artifacts and share them with the public.Joined: May 2009.
Beginning in 1866, the Northwest Texas Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church South (now the United Methodist Church) served as the administrative unit covering a large part of West Texas. In 1910 the conference was divided and the boundaries since that time have remained unchanged; covering sixty-six counties in the Panhandle and South Plains of Texas. Currently, there are four districts which comprise the conference: Amarillo, Abilene, Big Spring, and Lubbock. The conference office is located in Lubbock.Joined: July 2021.
Located at Avenger Field in Nolan County Texas, the WASP World War II Museum commits to preserving the legacy of the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP) of WWII. As a teaching museum, it features archives, exhibits, and oral histories that record a significant period in history when women dared to break barriers and contribute to victory.Joined: January 2017.