Explore 49 Partners - S Matching
The Brian W. Schenk Archive at Stephen F. Austin High School is located inside the library of the current campus, the Lakeside Campus, in Austin, Texas. The Lakeside Campus is nestled along the Colorado River just west of downtown and is the 7th location of the Austin High School. This archive seeks to preserve and celebrate the rich history of the Austin High School, from its beginning in 1881 to the present.Joined: October 2020.
Private Collection of Mario Marcel Salas documents Salas's participant in the civil rights movement in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s as well as early participation in the SNCC (Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee) San Antonio chapter, and as a civil rights leader for over 50 years.Joined: November 2020.
The Sam Rayburn House State Historic Site provides photographs and artwork from the Rayburn family's personal collection. Its mission centers on increasing local, regional and national awareness of Sam Rayburn's life and career as a United States Congressman through the preservation and interpretation of the historic site.Joined: February 2012.
The Society documents the history of San Antonio and South Central Texas with an emphasis on the built environment. This history includes photographs of San Antonio street scenes and a few portraits, taken by professional photographer Ernst Raba between c. 1853 and c. 1939.Joined: October 2014.
A half-century of innovation, inclusion and extraordinary growth mark the history of San Jacinto College. The college has evolved from one location in urban Pasadena to three campuses and 12 extension centers serving the Greater Houston community. The college received a Rescuing Texas History grant in 2015.Joined: May 2016.
In 1836, the Battle of San Jacinto effectively changed the shape of history and paved the way for Texas to become a nation and subsequently a state. In 1939, the Museum was built in the monument to the historic event, and since then has provided materials related to the history of the region and the state.Joined: May 2009.
Founded in 1970, the Sanger Public Library was originally housed in the former Chapman Clinic and moved to a Presbyterian Church in 1972. In 1995, the Library moved to its current building and continues to serve the people of this North Texas town.Joined: May 2009.
The William M. Logan Library functions as the academic library at Schreiner University in Kerrville, in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. As part of the Library’s mission to provide innovative information resources, the Logan Library began digitizing special collections and archival items in 2006.Joined: September 2013.
The Schulenburg Historical Museum provides a glimpse into life in the early days of the rural German-Czech community. The Museum houses two significant books about the history of Schulenburg which have previously been unavailable to online researchers.Joined: January 2015.
Members of the Thursday Literary Club started the Shamrock Public Library in 1925, which still serves the people of Shamrock in a modernized building built in 1974. The Library is a member of the Harrington Library Consortium in the Texas Panhandle.Joined: November 2014.
Founded by Bill Collins III in 2010, the Sherman Jazz Museum is dedicated to the education, preservation, and enjoyment of jazz. It is home to artifacts and collections from many of the past's famous jazz musicians, including instruments and memorabilia from Dizzy Gillespie, Duke Ellington, Maynard Ferguson, Doc Severinsen, and many others.Joined: June 2019.
The East Texas town of Silsbee, Hardin County grew out of the creation of the Gulf, Beaumont, and Kansas City Railway in 1894. The Library is part of the Houston Area Library System and provides the community access to information and resources. It received a 2015-2016 Tocker Foundation grant.Joined: May 2016.
The Library, located in Rusk, received a Tocker Foundation grant. Rusk was established by an act of the Texas legislature on April 11, 1846, which defined the boundaries of Cherokee County and called for the county seat to be named for Gen. Thomas Jefferson Rusk, one of the signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence.Joined: November 2011.
The Sinton Public Library is dedicated to serving its patrons and providing excellence in customer service. It provides many services, programs, and opportunities in the community of Sinton and San Patricio County. The Library received a 2016 Tocker Foundation grant.Joined: May 2016.
The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza first opened its doors in 1989 on the sixth and seventh floors of the building formerly known as the Texas School Book Depository in Dallas, the site of the infamous assassination of President John F. Kennedy.Joined: September 2011.
The Slovanska Podporujici Jednota Statu Texas, or the Slavic Benevolent Order of the State of Texas, is a fraternal organization designed to connect the Czech community in Texas. It has served this purpose since 1897.Joined: November 2015.
This non-profit organization was founded in 1959 by individuals and business firms dedicated to discovering, collecting and preserving data, records and other items related to the history of Smith County. The Society received a 2014 Rescuing Texas History grant.Joined: November 2015.
The Smith Public Library is located in Wylie and was established in 1970 by Rita and Truett Smith. Since then, it has grown from a small space in a local bank building to a full-service library, providing story time programs, computer classes, book clubs, and special events.Joined: September 2013.
The mission of the Smithville Heritage Society is to preserve, protect and educate Smithville’s rich history. Located in a Classic Revival, two story house built in 1908, this museum features artifacts and local archives of Smithville history. Museum volunteers are happy to help you research Smithville area history, your family history, or history of homes and businesses in Smithville.Joined: October 2020.
The Smithville Public Library is located at 507 Main St, Smithville, Texas, and provides free services to all residents living within the Bastrop county boundaries with services available to all others according to Library Director discretion.Joined: August 2018.
In 1976 Solar Engineering magazine was one of the first publications in the field dedicated to providing technical information for installers, manufacturers and designers. It covered a wide variety of new solar installations for residences and commercial buildings including photovoltaics, wind energy, thermal energy, and large-scale installations. The publication led the interest in developing standard specifications and published a catalogue of solar systems, parts and professional services. The publication was published from 1976 until 1981 in Dallas, Texas. After that date it was sold to other interests.Joined: August 2021.
The libraries of South Plains College support academic, vocational-technical, continuing education, and community service programs of the college by providing information resources and services users need to achieve their educational objectives. The libraries also supply students and faculty with an assortment of recreational and general interest materials for their reading, listening, and viewing enjoyment.Joined: February 2019.
The Library at the South Texas College of Law, located in downtown Houston, provides materials that support the research and curricular needs of the community. The college opened in 1923, organized by the Young Men's Christian Association in response to a need for adult education.Joined: March 2011.
Southwestern University is a private four-year liberal arts college in Georgetown, Texas and the first institution of higher learning in Texas. Special Collections at Southwestern University is the largest special collection of schools its size.Joined: April 2014.
St. Davids has been a vital force in Austin since its charter in 1859, the result of blending the only two Episcopal parishes in Austin at the time, one Unionist and the other Confederate. This church has continued to provide leadership in important social, political, and cultural matters in every era since.Joined: February 2012.
Founded in 1852 by Marianist brothers and priests, this is the first institution of higher learning in San Antonio and oldest Catholic university in the Southwest. Its mission is forming people in faith and educating leaders for the common good through community; integrated liberal arts and professional education; and academic excellence.Joined: May 2015.
The St. Mary's University School of Law is part of the private, Catholic university based in San Antonio. First established in 1927 as the San Antonio School of Law, it now serves as an internationally recognized legal institution.Joined: February 2015.
St. Philip's College is dedicated to providing an educational environment that stimulates leadership, personal growth, and a lifelong appreciation for learning while focusing on socioeconomic diversity. The Library has maintained a small, select archive since 1978, preserving college and historical documents.Joined: February 2012.
Over 100 years since its inception, The Stamford Carnegie Library still holds true to the foundations of Andrew Carnegie’s original vision and beyond, merging traditional principles of enlightenment with the modern terms of today. The Library gives residents of all ages free and equal access to a secure and dynamic environment encouraging lifelong learning.Joined: February 2018.
Serving the town of Alto and the surrounding community since 1957, the Library was a project of the Thursday Study Club and named after the club's longtime president. Besides its usual functions as a lending library and internet access point, it has long served as a repository for local history. The Library received a Tocker Foundation grant.Joined: February 2012.
The primary purpose of the East Texas Research Center (ETRC) is to collect, preserve, maintain and make available archival materials that support the educational and research goals of Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA) and the surrounding East Texas community.Joined: October 2015.
The Stephenville Public Library was started in 1903 by the Twentieth Century Club, a local women’s organization. Club volunteers ran the library from their homes and various locations in the city. In 1924, the library moved to a dedicated building at the corner of Green and Erath Streets, and in 1969, it moved to the former Post Office building.Joined: August 2017.
The first library building in the Baytown area was a branch of the Harris County Library, opening in 1925. Municipally funded public library service commenced with the dedication of Sterling Municipal Library in 1963. The name honors Ross Sterling for his vision and commitment to the printed word.Joined: June 2018.
The Stonewall County Library preserves local history makes it accessible to the public without charge. The Library received funding from parties interested in their projects as well as the Loan Star Libraries grant, a direct state aid program for Texas Public Libraries to Stonewall County Library.Joined: August 2010.
The Library was established in 1907 and seeks to provide a secure and dynamic environment for learning to the community with access to informational, recreational, and educational resources. Through a combination of technology and traditional library services, the Library aims to adequately serve all citizens of Nolan County.Joined: July 2012.
The Swisher County Library, located in the West Texas town of Tulia, serves to document the history and promote learning in the region. For the digitization of newspapers that align with this purpose, the Library received a Tocker Foundation grant.Joined: March 2009.