Help All Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Portal?
- What is in the Portal?
- Why did I get an error message?
- How do I report a technical problem?
- Whom can I contact if I notice a mistake or have additional information about an item?
- How do I become a Partner?
- Can you tell me the value of an item in my collection?
- When I enter a keyword in Basic Search, what is being searched?
- OCR: what is it and how does it affect my search?
- How can I view extracted text (OCR)?
- How do I use Guided Search?
- How do I clear a search dialog box?
- I searched for a specific magazine or newspaper; why did I get so many unrelated items?
- How do I search for variations of a word?
- Why didn't my search results include plurals?
- Can I search within a search results list?
- Can I save a list of search results?
- How is Exploring different from Searching?
- Can I search within an Explore grouping?
- Why do the time periods in Explore Dates overlap?
- What is a Curated Title?
Selecting and Interacting With Items
- How do I locate pages that contain my search keywords?
- How do I view the pages of a book?
- How do I rotate pages or images?
- Do you collect data for reporting on collection use?
- Where can I find the "statistics" pages?
- How do you define "use"?
- How is a use different from a hit or visit?
- Can you tell what country users are coming from?
Saving / Printing / E-mailing
- Do you have persistent links to items?
- How do I bookmark an item?
- How do I save an item record or image?
- Can I download audio and video files?
- How do I download an entire book or document?
- How can I copy and paste text?
- How do I print an item record or image?
- How do I print multiple text pages at once?
- Can I "zoom in" on a portion of an item and then print or save just that portion?
- What is permalinking?
- How do I e-mail an item record or image?
- Can I e-mail a list of search results?
- Do you offer RSS?
- Do you have any APIs for your system?
- Do your APIs require a login or access key?
- Are the records available via OAI-PMH?
About the KXAS-NBC5 News Collection
- Why is the sound missing from some of the news clips?
- Do I need permission to use a news clip?
- Is the entire KXAS-NBC5 archive available online?
- Can I view materials that have not yet been digitally reformatted?
- Do you have a list of all the newspaper titles in the Texas Digital Newspaper Program (TDNP) collection?
- How do I find Texas newspapers by county?
- How do I find Texas newspapers by city?
- How do I tell what dates you have for a newspaper?
- How can I make the newspaper text larger and easier to read?
- Can I turn keyword highlights on or off?
- How can I cut and save a particular newspaper article?
- You provide a citation for the whole newspaper issue, but can I get a citation for a particular article or page within that issue?
- How can I find obituaries?
- How can I contact The ECHO newspaper?